Nation States!

Soldato
The Armed Republic of Pudnenistein is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded morass -- juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 46%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Pizza Delivery.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Pudnenistein's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dirge.

Apparently my economy is imploded :D

Soldato

The Republic of En-Field is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The large government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 29%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving industries.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. En-Field's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound.

Soldato
The Republic of Soneio is a tiny, economically powerful nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Commerce and Defence are secondary priorities. Income tax is unheard of. A robust private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Crime is a major problem. Soneio's national animal is the dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the quid.

Don't like the sound of that :(

Soldato
The Republic of Tall Fat People is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its burgeoning poodle population. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.

The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Social Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is dominated by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry.

Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Tall Fat People's national animal is the poodle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the flamian pobblebead.

MB

Soldato
The Holy Empire of Voraxis
"De inimico non loquaris sed cogites"

UN Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Outlawed
Economy: Reasonable
Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Holy Empire of Voraxis is a tiny, devout nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The enormous, corrupt, moralistic government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Religion & Spirituality and Commerce are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 34%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Woodchip Exports.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Voraxis's national animal is the hawk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the vorax.

Why don't we create an OCUK region? :)

Man of Honour
Moredhel said:
Why don't we create an OCUK region? :)

Give us some funny things to put in these sections then:

Name of Region:

World Factbook Entry:

UN Delegagte can access regional control (yes/no)

Other nations require a password to enter this region. (yes/no)

Soldato
Here's Mine

http://www.nationstates.net/scotchland_land

The Republic of Scotchland Land
"My Left Foot is Wet"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:Average
Economy:Strong
Political Freedoms:Very Good

The Republic of Scotchland Land is a tiny, pleasant nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Gambling industries.

Crime is a problem. Scotchland Land's national animal is the haggis and its currency is the sheep.

Man of Honour
The People's Republic of Vonssia
"Paya Your Tax Ora We Shatter De Knees"

The People's Republic of Vonssia is a tiny, pleasant nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The medium-sized government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 14%. A large private sector is led by the Furniture Restoration, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.

Crime is moderate. Vonssia's national animal is the meer kat and its currency is the nik nak.

Last edited:
Associate
The Commonwealth of The ESDF
"In all things we are more than conquerors"

UN Category: Authoritarian Democracy
Civil Rights: Rare
Economy: Reasonable
Political Freedoms: Some

The Commonwealth of The ESDF is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.

The enormous, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Soda Sales and Information Technology.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The ESDF's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pound.

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
I've created a region for us to live in. Go to my nation's profile and click the link from there. If anyone has a better/funnier idea for what to write in the profile in place of the smut that currently reside there then I'm open to suggestions!

Soldato
The Republic of SimonM
"Work hard and prosper"

UN Category: New York Times Democracy
Civil Rights: Some
Economy: Strong
Political Freedoms: Superb

The Republic of SimonM is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The small government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7%. A substantial private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Furniture Restoration.

Crime is a serious problem. SimonM's national animal is the Bear and its currency is the Pound.

Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
I've created a region for us to live in. Go to my nation's profile and click the link from there. If anyone has a better/funnier idea for what to write in the profile in place of the smut that currently reside there then I'm open to suggestions!

Done :)

Soldato
The Empire of 8A Woodland Court
"Small but not insignificant, clean but not tidy."

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:
Average Economy:
Good Political Freedoms:
Below Average

The Empire of 8A Woodland Court is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Social Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 23%. A large private sector is led by the Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Pizza Delivery industries.

Crime is moderate, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. 8A Woodland Court's national animal is the worm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the beer can.

What I never said my country has 5 million? The most people I can fit into my room is about 12. Maybe more if people climb on top of each other.

Soldato
I want to declare war on a neighbouring country. My plan is simple. I invade my neigbouring countries with ease using Blitzkrieg tacktics and overwhelm their armies. Then, I will take control of thier militry and thier Air Defence. Using those factors I will then gain control of the seas spreading my fear in every country who apposes me. I am up for allies, however mutiny will be dealt with severely. E-Mail in trust if you wish to join The Empire of Panesar.
Together we will rule the world. :)

Back
Top Bottom