NCase M1 Alternative

Associate
So right now I have a Thermaltake Suppressor it's case and I want to build another mini itx pc with Zen 2 in mind. I've seen the NCase M1 about 2 years ago but couldn't find stock at the time.

It seems it will cost £200+ as may even have to import it. Ive seen the Ghost 1 and the Dan C4 looks amazing but doesn't look it will see release this year. Is there an alternative that looks just as beautiful as those case. Could spend upto £150ish.

Soldato
With a £150 budget, the Raijintek Ophion is probably the best fit:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-ophion-mini-itx-case-black-ca-03u-rt.html

If the glass side panels result in thermal problems, it is possible to replace them with perforated ones:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-ophion-aluminium-side-panel-set-ca-03z-rt.html

There's also the Ophion Evo if you want a 240mm rad in there.

Also worth considering:

Dancase A4:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/dan-cases-a4-sfx-v4-mini-itx-gaming-case-black-ca-006-da.html

Kolink Rocket:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-rocket-aluminium-mini-itx-case-titanium-grey-ca-035-kk.html

Streacom DA2:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/streacom-da2-mini-itx-case-black-ca-05g-sr.html

Cougar QBX (not stocked at OCUK, and a bit cheap).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys especially @satchef1 for the many links. Forgot to mention that I would prefer a glass panel and the Raijintek Ophion looks good and also has usb c port on the front which is a bonus.

I'll do a bit more looking around.

Associate
I'm also heavily considering the NCase M1, but, as you can only purchase it straight from the manufacturer, they're currently out of stock. They are in the process of upgrading the front IO to have a USB-C connection, removing the top slot as it's now redundant, plus it can come optionally with a glass side panel.

I believe pre-orders are starting this month - according to their website with the USB-C IO update coming Q4 this year.

The Dan A4 (same company) looks nice, but I'm worried about the heat. At least with the M1 you can have a 240 rad in there.

Another option is the Nouvolo Steck which looks really small, just as small as the Dan A4, but, it has a module that you can attach on top or at the bottom of the case, making it modular. This means that still under the size of the M1, you get a dual 240 rad in there and lots of cooling.

Both the M1 and the Steck require ordering from the manufacturer's sites unfortunately which most likely means import tax. Would be nice if Overclockers could get these cases in.

Associate
OP
I'm also heavily considering the NCase M1, but, as you can only purchase it straight from the manufacturer, they're currently out of stock. They are in the process of upgrading the front IO to have a USB-C connection, removing the top slot as it's now redundant, plus it can come optionally with a glass side panel.

I believe pre-orders are starting this month - according to their website with the USB-C IO update coming Q4 this year.

The Dan A4 (same company) looks nice, but I'm worried about the heat. At least with the M1 you can have a 240 rad in there.

I've decided to wait for next year's AMD CPUs. That way M1 should have a new revision and hopefully that Dan case is out.

Associate
Lian I seem to be getting a ‘tu150’ into the market. Looks like a slightly larger ncase m1 and rumoured price of $100 is less than half the m1.....

Soldato
The TU150 is quite large for a case with only SFX PSU support, coming in at 23.8 litres. For reference:

Ncase M1 - 12.6 litres
Raijintek Metis - 13.4 litres
Lian Li TU150 - 23.8 litres
Raijintek Styx (matx) - 25.3
InWin 301 (matx) - 26 litres
Fractal Design Define Nano S - 26.7 litres

It also lacks 240mm radiator support, and there isn't any space to route cables behind the motherboard. I'm underwhelmed. It looks nice, but the handle, and triple slot GPU/DTX support seems to have come at a steep price.

It's a case designed to house an air-cooled lan party rig. For general use, they could have done better.

Associate
The TU150 is quite large for a case with only SFX PSU support, coming in at 23.8 litres. For reference:

Ncase M1 - 12.6 litres
Raijintek Metis - 13.4 litres
Lian Li TU150 - 23.8 litres
Raijintek Styx (matx) - 25.3
InWin 301 (matx) - 26 litres
Fractal Design Define Nano S - 26.7 litres

It also lacks 240mm radiator support, and there isn't any space to route cables behind the motherboard. I'm underwhelmed. It looks nice, but the handle, and triple slot GPU/DTX support seems to have come at a steep price.

It's a case designed to house an air-cooled lan party rig. For general use, they could have done better.

Wow. It is chunky. I’ll probably just wait for the ncase, do it once, do it right.

Back
Top Bottom