1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC ND4551 with LabelFlash

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by LewisStuart, 20 Dec 2005.

1. LewisStuart

Mobster

Thinking about getting this drive and want to know if the LabelFlash thing is anygood?

Also I have a lian li case, will the silver colour drive look plasticy against the alu, is black better?

Going to order a drive tonight (for crimbo :D) still considering the LG & Pioneer dvd-rw's

2. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Dont see it being much better than Lightscribe, id say dont let it determine your drive choice.

3. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

IMO unless you really have to buy a new DVDRW. I would wait until the new,as it will bring a bagful of goodies including Blueray ;)

4. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Id say go for it now. Pioneer are having production issues with their Bluray drives, plus consider the cost of a dvdrw £30? How long before the whole artitecture for blueray will be in place not least at an affordable price for the mass market, movies and games on bluray, discs, players, cheap media etc. Yes bluray recorders are already avaliable to buy, but the media is not avaliable and the price is too high.

5. LewisStuart

Mobster

Will order the 4551 tonight :)

Does this labelflash only work with the fuji discs or can I use any?

Can't decide between the silver or the black drive .. :confused:

[​IMG]

6. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

Silver :)

7. sugoi

Gangster

ok im considering this also, what discs can u use with this new lableflash technology? if you wanted to do it on the top of the disc, rather than with the data?

8. griff

Associate

to use the LabelFlash you will need The Nero (Express) 6.6.1.3D software which is only available in The retail versions and they'll be only in beige.
    Not black, not silver.

9. torrentthief

Gangster

download nero 7.0.1.4b this supports it, it has a 30day trial or similar, get the silver mate, you need it to match! i would get one of these myself, but have a 3520 so not really much point.

10. griff

Associate

have just updated my nero to nero 7.0.1.4 and its not there the only thing i dont have is the b at the end of the version number i.e nero 7.0.1.4b is it that that makes the labelflash work ?

11. torrentthief

Gangster

i doubt it, the changelog of 7.0.1.4b aint out yet, but i thought that this was added a few versions ago, maybe not. the nero vision is in the nero 7 bundle, look on the start menu for this and see if there is an option in the program for this, look in help too in nero and nero vision for "labelflash", you could also look on nero for labelflash appz. look on cdfreaks.com forums, they will def know what programs and settings to use.

12. ShakenNstirred

Sgarrista

you want to check the nero website
    i had to download an addon for nero 6.6 to work with my lightscribe drive

13. sunama

Capodecina

For lightscribe to work, you need to use "special" disks that are compatible with this technology. Is labelflash similar, ie. do you need to buy "special" (more expensive) disks or does it work with any disk?

14. ShakenNstirred

Sgarrista

yes you will need discs that work with labelflash you cant use any old discs

15. Jimm

Associate

anyone got a link i have this drive and i cant find any software to make my cd's

16. ShakenNstirred

Sgarrista

didnt you get a cd with nero etc on?

17. duncan888

Gangster

I've also got this drive and no software is supplied, just a bare drive.
    Where can i get nero with labelflash? This drive is pretty much useless if there isnt any software to run Labelflash, it was the only reason i brought it.

18. Jimm

Associate

^^ same ive tryed like 7 neros so far and no luck i'm not going to buy a cd from germany i'll just have to keep looking

19. ShakenNstirred

Sgarrista

is the drive an NEC?
    as i found this in a review of the NEC ND-4551A Labelflash
    "Labelflash software can only be supplied by NEC and should have been supplied with the bare drive according to NEC"

more from the review

"The software is installed from a full CD and is integrated into the Nero.exe executables and cannot be separated.
    I can understand the frustration but it is up to NEC and your supplier to provide you with the software"

from another site
    "Fujifilm's LabelFlash technology has not yet been supported by the majority of the CD recording software suites, while the availability of the LabelFlash discs is very limited.

LabelFlash technology is the result of the combination of the unique Yamaha DiscT@2 ("Tattoo") technology for picture burning on CD-R data side with the photochemical expertise of Fuji Photo Film. The technology advances the ability to burn quality images directly into a specialized dye layer on the disc labeling side using laser for data recording.

Supported by NEC, the LabelFlash-enabled discs can be used with the new ND-4551A DVD burner, which has been announced lately.

However, the software which supports the labeling technology is very. BHA announced support through the Bs software which is bundled with an OEM version of the NEC drive, available by the Japanese I/O Data brand. NEC also bundles a special version of the popular Nero Burning Rom software (v6.6.1.3) in the retail package of the ND-4551A recorder. Nero will probably not enable LabelFlash for its normal software versions."

so not looking good for finding software to burn the disc`s

Last edited: 11 Jan 2006
  20. duncan888

Gangster

drive has now been returned, due to lack of software. what a waste of time.