need a banner making help please!!!!

Permabanned
lolwtf.jpg

Soldato
iCraig said:
:confused: It's Arial.
Beansprout said:
ATTENTION FRIEND OF OP:

do nt use his guys banner eventho it looks good cuz he dnt know what hes on about!!!
It's not my fault! You have the letters squished together, so I took it as being Helvetica at first; which, as you can see, is not easy to get. I noticed my mistake and edited the post accordingly.

So there! :p

04f9cf935jr.jpg
<--- my new favourite picture. :D

Permabanned
OP
iCraig said:
Sorry but thats utter ********.

I design websites/graphics and if you can't come up with different ideas, you cannot be in the trade.

If he needs other people to think of different styles and ideas, within two weeks he'll be stuck doing other peoples sites.

If he doesn't enjoy designing, or simply can't do it, why is he setting up a web design business? :rolleyes:

okay fair enough! but why do most people in this forum tend to think they are better than everyone else! it just amazes me. My frined thought it would be nice to have some friendly input from people from the ocuk forum guess i was wrong to try to help him, i mean MOST not all MOST of you lot are just a complete waste of time. :mad:

Man of Honour
> a cool banner with some i.t equiptment

Sounds like your friend really knows what he wants. Not.

Also sounds like he cba to do basic work for his business from which he'll make money, so he thinks "hmm...I know...maybe they'll do it free for me, muahahahahah."

I have plenty of time to help individuals but I have no time to help people for their own financial interests. ESPECIALLY in such a stupid situation:

Sir Obvious said:
Why do I find it comical that he's starting a web design business but can't come up with his own banner?

tbh we're not the ones wasting time, your mate is, for not either a) doing his own logo or b) silently hiring some professionals.

There are lots of fantastic people here so please don't besmirch them when they're making the best of a silly situation. Nobody thinks they are "better than anyone else", people are just taking the mickey a little by producing some amusing work.

And come on - my cow banner rocked :cool: :)

(Serious advice: for artistic stuff the best advice I can give is to wait, do other things and then come back to it - or maybe you'll have a flash of inspiration, etc)

Permabanned
OP
Beansprout said:
> a cool banner with some i.t equiptment

Sounds like your friend really knows what he wants. Not.

Also sounds like he cba to do basic work for his business from which he'll make money, so he thinks "hmm...I know...maybe they'll do it free for me, muahahahahah."

I have plenty of time to help individuals but I have no time to help people for their own financial interests. ESPECIALLY in such a stupid situation:

tbh we're not the ones wasting time, your mate is, for not either a) doing his own logo or b) silently hiring some professionals.

There are lots of fantastic people here so please don't besmirch them when they're making the best of a silly situation. Nobody thinks they are "better than anyone else", people are just taking the mickey a little by producing some amusing work.

And come on - my cow banner rocked :cool: :)

(Serious advice: for artistic stuff the best advice I can give is to wait, do other things and then come back to it - or maybe you'll have a flash of inspiration, etc)

you see people are just rude i this forum!

just forget it ill let him know the lot of you are just Ignorant

Soldato
Im with Beansprout..

Frankly.. you shot yourself in the foot.. if your setting up a web design business.. you would/should be ultra confident in your ability to "design". Your friend is obviously not.

Im going to go one better than design you a banner.

Dont let your friend invest too much in his design business, because if he cant do the visual aspect, he wont get much custom.

PS. My favourite bit was "a really cool banner".

Permabanned
OP
gord said:
Im with Beansprout..

Frankly.. you shot yourself in the foot.. if your setting up a web design business.. you would/should be ultra confident in your ability to "design". Your friend is obviously not.

Im going to go one better than design you a banner.

Dont let your friend invest too much in his design business, because if he cant do the visual aspect, he wont get much custom.

PS. My favourite bit was "a really cool banner".
like i said he is really talanted at web designing but like i said again! he thought it would be nice for some friendly input!

nothing more than friendly input

understand

let me Elaborate

friendly input

Soldato
Mate...

the people here are not idiots...

"Talented web designers" do not require other people to make their own banners.. which frankly is a hugely simple task for even a standard web designer.

If he was truly "Talented" i would expect a great and original banner from him straight off.. and your original post would have been.

"Look at my friends great website"

Apologies, im not trying to be rude.. but your request is so inconsistent.. and it just sounds like your taking us all for a ride.

Permabanned
OP
gord said:
Mate...

the people here are not idiots...

"Talented web designers" do not require other people to make their own banners.. which frankly is a hugely simple task for even a standard web designer.

If he was truly "Talented" i would expect a great and original banner from him straight off.. and your original post would have been.

"Look at my friends great website"

Apologies, im not trying to be rude.. but your request is so inconsistent.. and it just sounds like your taking us all for a ride.

just forget it

Permabanned
the_box said:
just forget it

Good, I believe we have.

Why are you throwing your toys out of the pram? Because people refused to do his work for him?

Maybe if you asked for advice about his current banner, rather than just expecting people do it all from scratch, you would get somewhere.

We couldn't do a serious banner even if we wanted, because you haven't given us any bloody information for it.. no company name, imagery, slogan, company logo etc etc :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom