1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a Decent Weight Bench!

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Styles, 2 May 2006.

1. Styles

Mobster

Hi,
    I'm looking around for a decent home weight bench. I have one at the moment, but I need a basic lat pull down attachment and to have the squat racks attached to the back. A mate of mine purchased a Delta 2003 bench a couple of years ago and this does the job, but I can't seem to be able to find this apart from on one site where it's £150.

I have a budget of around £100-150 but would like to be more by the £100 margin.

Any help would be excellent, or pics of your home set-up so I can get an idea of what i'm looking around for.

Cheers

2. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

grab a weider bench, come with 145kg worth of weights for around £130. good for doing barbell curls and benchpressing.
    problem is that it became useless to me since there was not enough weight on it so went with a gym membership insted for £18 a month. get lots of other equipment to use too so it worked out better for me.

but for £130 its not too bad and you can incline the bench and do raised pull-ups with the bar with weights on to work your trapezius latimuss dorsi.

3. Styles

Mobster

Where abouts would I get that from?

Cheers

4. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

i can;t remeber where i got it from, its been a few years ago. it was on special offer i remember that much cuz it did cost around £130 for the bench inc 145kg weights and olympic bar.

lots on ebay at the moment.

5. Stretch

Capodecina

Best asking in sports forum.

6. Rotty

Don

certainly would be , will get thread moved :)

7. ExRayTed

Underboss

Try Here For Starters..

Good quality home benches there..just depends on budget and space.

To be honest you won't get a decent bench+lat attachment for £100 that will hold substantial weight.Depending on where you're putting the bench wouldn't a standard flat bench and separate chin bar do the job better? If you can't lift yourself up then get a box to stand on to assist :D

A good chin bar can be found Here

Just found *This* bench..you'd need to find out what the lat attachment will hold though :D

Last edited: 2 May 2006
  8. Acrotomophilia

Capodecina

Have a look in argos they have really nice benches and weights in there not cheap **** either. ;)