• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need a graphics card upgrade

Man of Honour
It really is a guessing game trying to price gpu's if there overpriced compared to performance then im gonna grab a 480.

This is the way i look at things for example, the Asus rx 480 is £30/17.5% cheaper than the powercolor for simmlar performance but the powercolor is very quiet so is it worth the extra spend ?

Your choice.

Associate
OP
Maybe the 480s will lower in price when the 580s launch, if the 580s don't meet performance then I will probably stick with getting a 480 as I have read that the performance always increases with driver updates.

Hard decision picking graphics cards haha.

Associate
OP
Yes i would have to agree ive been contemplating for ages but my gtx 670 still shocks me how good it performs. When the rx580 are relesed lets pick up the discusion again.
I'm only rocking an XFX Radeon HD 6850 and I'm way over due a new card. Been away from PC gaming for too long.

Associate
OP
*Update*

Finally made my mind up and decided to go for the PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Devil with the FREE Doom code, I also added in a Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Air CPU Cooler because my current stock cooler is not very good. Thanks Overclockers looking forward to receiving my order tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for the advice!

Associate
OP
*Update* - Received my RX480 Red Devil today with a Hyper 212 Cooler to replace my stock cpu fan. Crd was easy enough to install, updated to the latest drivers and boom card is up and running in my current build, probably gonna spend the night testing a few games and software.

Thanks again Overclockers, spot on service and happy with my products. The Haribo went down a treat.

70xrie.jpg

Caporegime
Ahh, lovely. :cool:

It's always nice to try out loads of games, old and new, when you get some fresh hardware. I envy you. :)

Superb choice of CPU cooler, btw.

Associate
OP
Yeah going to start testing DOOM, GTA V and some 3D Mark and Heaven benchmarks. Then I will probably check out how quick it renders 3D models in 3Ds MAX.

And thanks, did not realize how big the cooler was until I opened the box haha

Back
Top Bottom