Associate
Hi guys, I'm new to the upgrading world, I normally just buy a new PC every few years. My computer is not super fast but good enough for the games I normally play (low end indie games) however there is some newer games I want to play. What do you think would be the best/cheapest upgrade I could do for a little more umph? More ram? Better graphics card? Use graphics card from one of those pawn shops on the highstreet? My guess is a graphics card because the one I have is integrated. Right? :)

My PC:
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05341456

Thanks new friends! :)

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

I am not even sure that pc can even take a gpu. The cpu is definately not replaceable as it's a soldered in part. You could fit more memory but I really wouldn't bother as the cpu is so slow. From all the pictures that I can find of the motherboard it appears that it doesn't have a pci-e slot so that rules out a gpu. The pc appears to be powered by a power brick only rated at 65w as well so you aren't going to power much with that anyway. The best thing you could do is buy a new pc in my opinion. Even a modern low end pc would absolutely crucify that HP of yours. One thing I would advise is to not buy a mass produced pre built pc from the likes of HP, Dell etc as they are rarely good value for money.

Associate
If you have enough time you could build your own PC that is built specifically to your needs. It may be cheaper than buying a pre-built one but can be more tedious to build.

Back
Top Bottom