Need A New Hobby - Any Ideas?

Soldato
Ender said:
kite boarding sounds good, anyone ever tryed it

Yeah, I have done all of it save kite-snowboarding.

Land Based:

Yo' two legs - The cheapest, requires lots of wind but can be great fun.

Buggying - My favourite 30-50 mph with your arse scraping sand and your arms being pulled out of your sockets, brilliant adrenaline rush and very easy to do.

Mountainboarding - Lethal but fun apparently (I didn't like it)

My own invention - Wokking; read one cheap wok, lots of ducttape, a pillow and a kite and lots of wind.

Water:

Kiteboarding - Apparently the epitome except I can't surf or windsurf to save my life. :D

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Ender said:
Decided i need to do more in my life then i am at the moment, wouldnt say im unactive but i need something that can keep me intrested or excited (or both :))
Anyways at the moment i fence and ski (although this i can only do on trips to france etc) so has anyone got any good hobbies/activies that they do?
Matched betting- free money + its quite fun = win!

Soldato
William said:
Do film and you can buy a brilliant SLR for around £80.

It's tempting to go down that route in case I end up getting bored at some point I won't have wasted a few hundred. Gonna pop a few forums down and ask some questions.

Soldato
Raikiri said:
Except with airsoft theres less dying and you get a chance to improve :p
meh, he said "if you like guns" not "if you like playing soldiers" :p. I'm sure Feek manages to improve his skills without killing (too many) people. ;)

Associate
Ender said:
Decided i need to do more in my life then i am at the moment, wouldnt say im unactive but i need something that can keep me intrested or excited (or both :))
Anyways at the moment i fence and ski (although this i can only do on trips to france etc) so has anyone got any good hobbies/activies that they do?

Race bikes (not motorised ones!!!), good for you good fun (like the speed)
http://www.trekbike.co.uk/2006/index.php?sec=overview&MainCatID=1&SubCatID=1&RangeID=&ID=166#
tis my bike in blue! damn them they just dropped the price!

Soldato
Bikes are pretty good to build up and maintain. Its a b****** when you ride a 1grand bike off a 6ft high hill and land 15ft away and destroy a rear mech :rolleyes:

Doing stuff like that gets the heart rate up for sure! and would probably be cheaper than skydiving :D

Can be dodgy if your a big guy,15stone,my mate seems to bottom out any bike he rides that is stock.Rode a high octane with 888's today ,2ft to flat and the thing was bad :(

You could just do it for xc loops and stuff though,not just chucking yourself off drops,step downs and dirt jumps. Get you fit pretty quickly too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jonny ///M said:
Bikes are pretty good to build up and maintain. Its a b****** when you ride a 1grand bike off a 6ft high hill and land 15ft away and destroy a rear mech :rolleyes:

Can be dodgy if your a big guy,15stone,my mate seems to bottom out any bike he rides that is stock.Rode a high octane with 888's today ,2ft to flat and the thing was bad :( .
Heh, mechs on £1k bikes aren't that expensive, although a mech strengthener seems to help... either that or ride single speed ;).

Tbh thats why Tim Flooks is so popular :).

Back
Top Bottom