Need advice on buying headphones!

btu

btu

Associate
Hi!

My current headphones recently broke and I'm looking to replace them, but I'm not sure what headphones to buy!

I'm looking for a pair of closed-back headphones, aside from that nothing else fancy, just closed-back, comfortable, and very good audio if possible.

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Soldato
Beyerdynamic DT770 would be about £100.
Replacement earpads are reasonably priced and basically every part is available as spare part.
So they're easy to keep for long time.

80 ohm version has straight 3m long cable.
250 ohm version has coiled cable.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
AKG K371s are getting good feedback and the latest from AKG/harmon, some say its one of the best closed backs given around £90-100.

Would also say try the Audio Technica MSR7b if you can, I went from AKG K550 series (similar to K371) all mk versions but the MSR7bs are a notch above it, the music and vocal detail is much better, but they do cost £145-180, check rainforest for used hps to bag bargains then you also have the return policy.

Beyerdynamic DT770 are meant to be a classic and really top level closed back headphones also and meant to offer superb performance for the money.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the above really but id go MSr7bs, DT770s and if you really want neutral sounding headphones K371s personally.

C64

C64

Soldato
I'd rather go with the akg k361 because of the cable connector on the 371 being akg only = overpriced cables to replace

Associate
Would recommend the DT770 over AKG K371 if you're gaming, as the K371's soundstage is smaller. #

Only negative imo being the lack of detachable cable, compared to the K371 having a widely used mini-XLR connector.

C64

C64

Soldato
Would recommend the DT770 over AKG K371 if you're gaming, as the K371's soundstage is smaller. #

Only negative imo being the lack of detachable cable, compared to the K371 having a widely used mini-XLR connector.
ah my bad then I thought it was their own personal version of cable you could only buy from them

Associate
ah my bad then I thought it was their own personal version of cable you could only buy from them
Neither option AKG picked seems ideal. As just a 3.5mm (non-locking) is easiest to find, but can see why for the pro use they're marketing the K371 towards (durability).

Shows the difference between K361/K371 cables here.

Back
Top Bottom