Associate
OP
Have u thought about the d5 next pumps to control fans and pump speed through software works pretty good in built temp and flow calculations. Cost a bit more bit more but well impressed with mine. Google it your paying premium money for ur loops so might as well go all out.
I hadnt though they look great. What I haf though about doing was using the EK 240mm Res plates, 1 for each loop that have a D5 pump on the back and mounting them vertically and using an aquacomputer controller that I can mount in the drive bay at the front of the case, then use 2 small fan hubs to control each of the x4 140mms on seperate channels. I'd have to buy seperate temp sensors to get the same effect but there would be an Oled display on the controller and physical controls for the fan speeds.

Looking at.my wishlist I have put the Lamptron CW611 Watercooling controller and the Lamptron SP901 ARGB PWM fan & RGb controller on there.

The Res plates were just an Idea I was going to try and play around with, either mounting them where the traditional resevoirs should go or modding the case to have them fit up by the glass.

Associate
OP
Haha nope its not me! Lol I havent gotten my rads yet and mine are the Nemesis GTR rads not GTS. I went for the Lambos instead of the porcshes :p

I'm still waiting on my order being processed but they are on express delivery whenever they get around to shipping it. Any way I'd post here first before reddit lol

Edit: just got my DPD notification saying the rads will be here tomorrow, will take the same pic as the one you linked.

Associate
D5's are a tough pump and quiet too as long as you keep bubbles out of them, EKWB do a mount for 2 D5's if you want extra redundancy in your loop and the ability to run them on a lower setting

Associate
OP
The res plates I've got my eye on have a D5 built into the back, not sure If I'm going with them yet as it would only look good from the front unless I angle them.

Regardless I hadnt thought of adding another pump to each loop but its something to consider especially for the redundancy side of it.

Quiet isnt going to be a priority with those beasty fans running at a minimum of 1000rpm most of the time, or even when idle they are 800rpm min so not to bothered about noise though I was going to stick with EK D5's whatever the setup I do.

Associate
I think you will rarely have to ramp them up past 1000rpm with all the surface area you have with those rads, I am running x2 480's and my fans rarely touch 900 unless I force a prime95 test.
Looking forward to seeing your build mate

Associate
OP
Might be a while off yet as waiting on zen 3 and tempted to wait for 20GB RTX 3080 or suoer or ti whatever they call it lmao, or even RDNA2. But I'm looking foward to it myself haha, a bit of a passion prohect really. Going all in on my Darth Vader theme, thinking along the lines of Project Fortress, due to its size lol. Really taking my time on it, will start a build log when I know what I'm doing CPU/MoBo wise.

The only reason I brought up ramping speeds up is those radiators is they perform better at higher speeds (1500rpm+) past those speeds they out perform any other rad but under that they under perform, but like you say I'm only really going to push the fans/rads when I'm stress testing or benchmarking.

Thats what I get though for buying the buggatti of radiators lol I'm quoting someone there hahaha

Associate
OP
Thick rads actually don't need much airflow. They're so big their surface area is enormous and any airflow at all moves a lot of heat away.
It was more to do with density and the static oressure required to push through them from my research and advice given on a discord channel and reddit.

Here is the review for these rads :
http://thermalbench.com/2017/02/07/hardware-labs-black-ice-nemesis-gtr-560-radiator/5/

Its not going to to affect it massively, I understand that as long as there is airflow over such a large area its going to keep it pretty close to ambient as can be lol, especially seperating the loops.

I dont wanna be the know it all, especially given that I asked for advice here and that I have no experience with rads these size. I do appreciate all the answers and further advice i've been getting, I'm just going off advice I was given at the time and what i can remember from thermo and fluid dynamics when doing my engineering studies but I'll admit that was a fair few years ago now and not really put to use in my current engineering setting haha.

Can't wait to see the culmination of it all, just wish October would hurry up! xD

Soldato
I've got a number of 60mm thick rads with remarkably cheap fans (the RGB ones that Jayztwocents praised and caused them to sell out across the world). Temps for dual gpu rigs are in the low 40s. Buy hey, YMMV. Knock yourself out. Water-cooling is a journey not a destination and most of the fun is the build not the final result.

Associate
OP
The loop I currently have now was a hell of a journey of triumph and stupidity on my part haha, I wont argue that the joy is in the building, took me 3 days and I went hardline right off the bat. A primary reason for doing another loop is my son turned 5 and has expressed considerable interest in computers so I'm hoping he wants to learn from it.

I know I went overboard on the fans, My original plan was to get something like the LL120 corsair fans so I could keep the RGB unified (have a mix of ML and LL fans now and the ML are louder and look worse than the LL fans). Everytime I brought it up it was, get the noctuas/you need noctuas, admitedely the 2000rpm ones but they are the same price, it was hard to choose which advice to follow. My initial research found that 1600rpm fans pushing around 3mmH20 static pressure would have been fine but I got lambasted with that review when I presented that research, the review which I didnt find myself by the way lol, and told I would get worse results at lower speeds than literally every other rad.

So I got the 3krpm fans but they run at minimum 800rpm which is likely where they will stay unlewant a 60Decibel PC lol my current system has the fans at about 1600rpm under load with slim rads and weak fans so I agree with your assessment, I just wanted to lay all the info out there and I of course appreciate more insight from someone who actually as the equipment running lol.

Back
Top Bottom