Need an anti-vibration solution please :)

Associate
Hi all, I am in a situation where by I have large HGV trucks passing which cause vibrations in the floor.

I wish to reduce these vibrations on my computer case. They are not major but I do want to reduce them.

Does anyone have any ideas on any anti-vibration solutions?

Mine so far are as follows:

a) buy some extra firm foam material to put under the case to absorb the vibrations
b) buy some extra firm latex material to put under the case to absorb the vibrations
c) buy a rubber matt to put under the case to absorb the vibrations
d) Spring mounts - very expensive option!

Any advice is appreciated.

Associate
Perhaps you could try some silicone anti-vibration case feet?

They aren't that expensive so might be worth a shot.

Man of Honour
You could go to one of the supermarkets and pick up one of their own brand budget mousemats for about 50p. Cut four pieces off it and stick one under each of your cases feet should dampen vibrations. You could always double it up if it isn't enough with a single piece. It's certainly worth a try for just 50p or so.

Associate
Along the same lines, if the mouse mat squishes up too much under the weight of the PC, you might also perhaps find a cheap roll-up camping mat (closed cell foam) for a few pounds - there should be enough material in one to build up a thick cushion.

Associate
OP
lol @mistersprinkles

To inform all, I have gone and purchased an "etm Anti-vibration Washing Machine Mat - 60x60x2cm". I split it into two pieces and used no more nails to "glue" them together. I then put this main piece (now measuring 30x60x4) in a strong plastic mailing bag. My PC case now sits on top of this and I have noticed a difference :)

Back
Top Bottom