1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need good gaming keyboard, mouse and mat combo.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sycho, 10 May 2010.

1. Sycho

Mobster

No budget, just want solid lastable good ones and also i want a small mat/surface about 25-30cm by 20-30cm preferably.

What do people here recommend? i was thinking the deathadder as mouse but not sure what keyboard and mat/surface too.

2. mattjd

Wise Guy

I recently purchased a Razer combo. Deathadder, Lycosa keybaord and a Goliathus control frag mat. Cost £116 I think.

I think the only problems I have had with this combo is the slightly buggy media control panel controlling itunes on the keyboard. Sometimes it just changes track or pauses and plays on its own :/ but unplugging or restarting the pc sorts that out.

3. Eclectic

Gangster

I have the Logitech G15 keyboard, which I like alot.

Im thinking about replacing my MX Revolution with a Mambo as the poor thing has seen better days.

4. Sycho

Mobster

Is the Razer Lachesis a good mouse? was considering that.

Yeah G15 seems a decent keyboard....i really do not know what one to get though, just want it to have decent sized keys and feel easy to type with.

5. Foxxy

Gangster

had g15 and lycosa.

i <3 lycosa, also personally never had any problems with itunes and the touch screen panel.

g15 is nice, but i prefer the feel of the keys on lycosa

6. Ph4lanx

Gangster

7. Ksanti

Mobster

SDMS *** :D

I'm just a sucker for stuff matching :D

Although that being said you could also go for a G500 + G15 combo.

I'm running a G15, MX518 (soon to be Kone) and Steelseries QcK mini for my laptop and Roccat Sense on my desktop

8. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

9. hpz

Associate

Don't get a rubber dome keyboard like Razer or Logitech. They are cheaply made and feel terrible when typing.

I suggest a mechanical keyboard such as Filco, Steelseries or DAS. If you don't want to make a loud noise when typing make sure to get the Brown Switches which are silent.

Check out www.keyboardco.co.uk for Filco keyboards.

10. Sc00p007

Hitman

Currently using Razer Lycosa mirror and Mamba combo.
    Had no problems with the keyboard, i like the look and the feel. It is very shiny like an ipod, so it gets dirty with finger prints within 2 seconds of use. I dont mind this, and spend 5 mins cleaning once every week. This brings it back to its shiny glory! But i can see that this could be a turn off for some. I also dont wear a watch and imagine it would get pretty scratched up by one.
    The Mamba is the best mouse i have ever used. At the time i bought it, it cost alot more than it does now. At the time i was using a Razer copperhead. I had used my cousins deathadder and liked the shape. As the Mamba was more or less a wireless version it became the mouse i wanted. Well i talked myself into buying it, thinking its the one thing i use on my pc most except my monitor. Today and the day i got it i didnt regret purhasing it.

Phil.

11. stiv121

Wise Guy

keyboard : razer lycosta

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Mat : Razer goliathus

All very good products :D

12. Sycho

Mobster

13. BIGBC

Wise Guy

They are very personal things, decide what makes a good keyboard/mouse combo for you.

Personally I love Logitech Wave keyboard and my Emperex chiclet keyboard coupled with Roccat Kone and Taito.

14. lanzarobbie

Hitman

Logitech G9x is the best mouse ive had

15. PJM315

Associate

I got a Steelseries QcK Mini this week, for £5.99 what a steal. Being only 2mm it does feel a bit thin, but for the price I can live with it.

16. Ph4lanx

Gangster

I've just ordered the following:

Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard
    Steelseries Xai Mouse
    Razer Sphex mousemat

SO looking forward to getting them :D

17. b-star

Wise Guy

G11 for only £25

18. Gamer_T

PermaBanned

Guys, I really can't decide on what keyboard to get! Please advise... I can spend up to £50 and want something decent to type on and game on... I play WoW

19. BigBruiserAl

Mobster

G11 is great for wow you go to curse and d/l a g11 app makes for a really nice easy UI

20. Gamer_T

PermaBanned

I had the G15 though and hated it. :(