1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

need help in choosing a card...HELP!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gambit, 31 Jul 2006.

1. Gambit

Gangster

Hello there,

Need help in which card to go for...I used to have a ATI 9700 AIW 128Mb AGP, but after upgrading the whole system have ended up (without much choice) with a GeForce 6200 TC 256Mb PCI-E card.

I'm finding the 6200 is not that bad for my usage...but in my opinion does tend to make the CPU work a bit harder - i dont run major games but even things like NFSU2 can get pixilated in the background detail and is being run at a low res.

I'm looking for a card with ideally 256MB dedicated (PCI-E a must!!) and somewhat more powerfull then my old ATI 9700 and Geforce 6200.

I dont want a loud noisy card and i have a mATX system so i dont want anything with a big fan (taking up space!!).

Im looking to spend not big bucks - £50 or there abouts!

Current setup consists of - Intel P4 3Ghz with HT, 1.5GB RAM and other bits

2. Zefan

Don

Not possible.

A 7300 series card is the closest you'll get but they're not really much better than a 6600gt.

3. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

You can get a 6600LE 256mb card for £42.56 inc vat if you know where to look. You can also get a 6600 256mb for £48.69. Not exactly super powerful but way better than a 6200.

4. ACESHIGH

Mobster

Last edited: 1 Aug 2006
  5. Gambit

Gangster

Sounds great but what i would like to know is that as fast as a NVidia 7300 or faster??

Also would it be wise to get a non branded graphics card??

6. ACESHIGH

Mobster

Yes it is faster than a 7300.
    Get any brand you can find with the right chipset, imo.