• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

need help in choosing a card...HELP!

Associate
Hello there,

Need help in which card to go for...I used to have a ATI 9700 AIW 128Mb AGP, but after upgrading the whole system have ended up (without much choice) with a GeForce 6200 TC 256Mb PCI-E card.

I'm finding the 6200 is not that bad for my usage...but in my opinion does tend to make the CPU work a bit harder - i dont run major games but even things like NFSU2 can get pixilated in the background detail and is being run at a low res.

I'm looking for a card with ideally 256MB dedicated (PCI-E a must!!) and somewhat more powerfull then my old ATI 9700 and Geforce 6200.

I dont want a loud noisy card and i have a mATX system so i dont want anything with a big fan (taking up space!!).

Im looking to spend not big bucks - £50 or there abouts!

Current setup consists of - Intel P4 3Ghz with HT, 1.5GB RAM and other bits

Associate
OP
ACESHIGH said:
If you are quick grab this card in the clearance section. It would be similar to a 9800pro with 256MB ram. It is a single slot card with small cooler.

PowerColor ATI Radeon X700 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - OEM (GX-031-PC)
Price: £49.95 (£58.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)

3rd from the bottom

Sounds great but what i would like to know is that as fast as a NVidia 7300 or faster??

Also would it be wise to get a non branded graphics card??

Back
Top Bottom