Need help on pc build please

Associate
Hi all

I am a total noob when it comes to a new pc build. Currently I am looking for something high spec enough to deal with most games on ultra out the box.

That said I have a budget. So my plan is to spend more on less easily upgradeable items and spend a bit less on stuff I can upgrade 6 months down the line.

My current build option is :

How ever I am also open to a ryzen build.

Unfortunately the room the pc will be in often gets up to 34 plus degrees even in winter.
It will mainly be used for gaming and a bit of film/photo editing.

All advice appreciated.

Soldato
@MizzFury

since heat is an issue, AIO or All in One water coolers will be your friend, and since you mention Ultra out of the Box, OCUK selling their GTX 1080 FE cards for a steal, put a NZXT Kraken G12 and AIO on there and will be cool enough in summer!

but knowing your budgeting and screen resolution/ refresh is key!

Ryzen 5 1600 or 7 1700 should do your proud

Associate
OP
no idea why the pic isn't showing. I tend to overspend on pc'c so I am giving y self a max budget 1300k. just need windows, I have a monitor that will do for now.

NZXT LEXA S windowed midi tower black

intel core i5-7600k 3.8ghz kaby lake socket LGA1151

asus prime Z270-A INTEL z270 ddr4 atx

Corsair vengeance 8gb DDR4 PC4 24000C15 3000mhz dual channel

KFA2 GEFORCE GTX 1060 OC 3GB

corsair TX650M 80 plus gold semi mod psu

Corsair hydro h60 v2

samsung 250 ssd

seagate 2tb hd

Soldato
I know case can be personal preference but I would recommend looking for other cases you also like. The NZXT LEXA S is a very old case from 2009, at least. The front is packed full of non-modular HDD/optical bay cages. Sure, there is room for longer than 10.5" video cards. But only in one area, for one card not much thicker than dual slot (some cards today are triple slot). It doesn't even have 1 x USB 3.0, only 2.0 (description on some sites is wrong). It's probably served those who bought it well, but I don't think they'd be buying it again right now with better options/functionality available on modern cases.

16GB RAM better.

As Minibiker said, 1060 6GB if possible. Although I know GPU prices can be an issue right now. That'd probably be the first thing you upgraded anyway.

Have you considered a Ryzen 6-core in place of the i5-K?

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies. The card isn't a massive issue right now as I plan to upgrade it and the ram within the first 12 months. Yes I have considered a ryzen but I have no clue on the difference between the i5 and ryzen5. My old pc from 6 years ago had an i7 and I so didn't need it lol. Even for my film editing it was kinda overkill.

What kind of case would you recommend. I am not set on that case, it just seemed reasonable and looked like it would have good airflow. I ideally only want a midi though, I have had full towers before and they are a pain in the space I have allocated for the pc.

Soldato
All these are close to the price of the Lexa, are compact midi-towers, and should fit the H60v2 in the rear if not somewhere else. Not much HDD room though. Picked them out for airflow more than anything:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £271.18
(includes shipping: £15.30)

For a neater look, less airflow, check out the NZXT Source 340 (or 340 Elite), or Phanteks Eclipse P400 or P400S or P400S Glass.

Back
Top Bottom