Need help! Titan Theo or Titan Pyro?

Associate
Hi guys we are about to purchase a new PC for my grandparents although tbh its more for the rest of the families use when they visit them :) The old dell has blown up and tbh it needed replacing anyway.

Essentially I can't decide between either of these computers. Is an E5300 @3 Ghz and an ATI 4850 1GB better than an AMD 245 @ 2.9 Ghz and a GTS250?

It will be used for gaming on a 17 or 19" monitor @ 1280x1000 ( can't remember exactly).

Here they are:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-192-OK&groupid=43&catid=1270&subcat=

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-197-OK&groupid=43&catid=1444&subcat=

Thanks!

Associate
Well if you read around the 4850 and gts250 are easily on par and if i'm right the 1GB will only make a difference on larger resolutions!

The Titan Pyro however, has the option for Socket AM3/AM2+ whereas Titan Theo is LGA775 so it might be more upgradeable later down the road!

Associate
well i got myself the pyro, it arrived this morning. I am in love with it. Crysis running on very high, with no noticable impact to the frame rate. I was shocked with that to be honest, started it at medium, it was fine, decided to try high, it was fine, decided to try very high, thinking it would be a laggy mess. I was shocked, no slowdown whatsoever.

About to try ARMA 2, very demanding game, il get back to you on how it performs. I really would go for the pyro though.

Associate
OP
I really can't see this thing being upgraded tbh. Will be playing Aion, fallout3, CoD modern warfare 2 etc on it mainly. I guess it boils down to which card will run games better in the future.... but i guess that's impossible to know/predict?

Associate
OP
well i got myself the pyro, it arrived this morning. I am in love with it. Crysis running on very high, with no noticable impact to the frame rate. I was shocked with that to be honest, started it at medium, it was fine, decided to try high, it was fine, decided to try very high, thinking it would be a laggy mess. I was shocked, no slowdown whatsoever.

About to try ARMA 2, very demanding game, il get back to you on how it performs. I really would go for the pyro though.

Nice! :)

Will probably order the Pyro tomorrow then.

Back
Top Bottom