1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help! Titan Theo or Titan Pyro?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nick08, 15 Sep 2009.

1. Nick08

Gangster

Hi guys we are about to purchase a new PC for my grandparents although tbh its more for the rest of the families use when they visit them :) The old dell has blown up and tbh it needed replacing anyway.

Essentially I can't decide between either of these computers. Is an E5300 @3 Ghz and an ATI 4850 1GB better than an AMD 245 @ 2.9 Ghz and a GTS250?

It will be used for gaming on a 17 or 19" monitor @ 1280x1000 ( can't remember exactly).

Here they are:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-192-OK&groupid=43&catid=1270&subcat=

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-197-OK&groupid=43&catid=1444&subcat=

Thanks!

2. toblarone45

Gangster

Well if you read around the 4850 and gts250 are easily on par and if i'm right the 1GB will only make a difference on larger resolutions!

The Titan Pyro however, has the option for Socket AM3/AM2+ whereas Titan Theo is LGA775 so it might be more upgradeable later down the road!

3. SkylineOnFire

Associate

well i got myself the pyro, it arrived this morning. I am in love with it. Crysis running on very high, with no noticable impact to the frame rate. I was shocked with that to be honest, started it at medium, it was fine, decided to try high, it was fine, decided to try very high, thinking it would be a laggy mess. I was shocked, no slowdown whatsoever.

About to try ARMA 2, very demanding game, il get back to you on how it performs. I really would go for the pyro though.

4. Nick08

Gangster

I really can't see this thing being upgraded tbh. Will be playing Aion, fallout3, CoD modern warfare 2 etc on it mainly. I guess it boils down to which card will run games better in the future.... but i guess that's impossible to know/predict?

5. Nick08

Gangster

Nice! :)

Will probably order the Pyro tomorrow then.

6. SkylineOnFire

Associate

Yeah definitely go for the pyro. To be honest they would both do you fine but i can guarantee that the pyro runs very well, cant do the same for the theo.