Need help to find a modified bios for hp motherboard.

Associate
Hi guys! So I brought a pc a while back and now the system is starting to struggle. Doesn’t help my cpu is bound to 3.4ghz due to a hp motherboard. I got recommended to go on here to see if someone will know of a alternated bios I can use to unlock the rest of the features. Manufacture-HP Product-828A Serial Number-PFXGR0C0Z495CH version-1.01. I know the risks but I’m at breaking point with this pc. I have a rtx 2070 super but my cpu is an i7-6700 non k. And I know they can overclock to 4ghz. Thanks guys!

Soldato
Hi and welcome to the forums :) Personally if the motherboard has been manufactured specifically for HP systems I think you will be lucky to find a non standard BIOS for it. Your best bet would be to check the motherboard to see if you can find some markings to indicate the manufacturer and model number, then see if Gooogle can come up with anything.

Bare in mind that the motherboard is unlikely to fully support all overclocking features as these were only included in the full featured chipsets which budget boards did not use. With a non K CPU you will be limited to overclocking the BCLK (Base Clock) which will overclock everything on you system (CPU, Memory, PCIE devices) so even if you are able to access BCLK you may not have great results anyhow if your other devices are not up to running higher speeds than standard.

You don't say how your PC is struggling, but have you checked the temperatures of your CPU and graphics card when under load? Either may be running hot and throttling your system in which case it could just be that you need to check and clean the appropriate cooler to bring performance back up to spec. Additionally it could be an operating system issue, so removing all unwanted software, running ADWCleaner & Malwarebytes, and then a using CCleaner to remove unneccesary junk, and clean the Registry (Scan & Fix Registry issues until all gone), may also boost performance.

Others may also chip in but hopefully that gives you some things to try.

Associate
OP
They run between 40c and 50c for both gpu and cpu. I just feel like my cpu doesn’t have the power to keep up with my gpu or the motherboard is the weak link. Even tho it’s just a i7-6700 it still should keep up with most games at 60 FPS. Cpu usage normally hovers around 30 to 50 while gpu is at 30. I just reinstalled windows to try and fix it but to no avail :( I have 16gb of ram to and a ssd

Soldato
Cpu usage normally hovers around 30 to 50 while gpu is at 30.
Doing what, sitting at idle, gaming, Web browsing? If you're only getting 30% GPU usage when gaming then that is an obvious issue with something bottlenecking your system and if your CPU is only at 30-50% at the same time it doesn't seem likely the CPU is the issue.

Associate
OP
Yeah I added it as I had the 1060 3gb before low FPS constantly. But with this gpu I can sorta manage but it’s no where near performing as it should

Don
my cpu is an i7-6700 non k. And I know they can overclock to 4ghz. Thanks guys!

As mentioned above - you won't be able to overclock a non-K processor, even if you find a custom BIOS. As stock they already run at 3.4Ghz but will turbo up to 4Ghz anyway depending on workload.

You don't say what actual HP PC this is (e.g. Pavillion, ProDesk, Omen) etc, but I'd be more interested in what power supply it actually has, and whether it's capable of supporting an RTX 2070 Super in the first place

Soldato
You don't say what actual HP PC this is (e.g. Pavillion, ProDesk, Omen) etc, but I'd be more interested in what power supply it actually has, and whether it's capable of supporting an RTX 2070 Super in the first place
To power a 2070 super Nvidia state a minimum of a 650w PSU with both 6 and 8 pin PCIE power connectors. As Armageus indicates unless your HP PC is from a premium / gaming range I would hazard a guess that the PSU isn't up to the job. Do you definitely have both PCIE power connectors attached to the card, sometimes these are on adapters so make sure you can trace them back to the PSU and any connector blocks in between are tight and secure.

Back
Top Bottom