1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with cd covers

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by ants83, 26 May 2006.

1. ants83

Wise Guy

ok i have a few blank dvds and want to put my own covers on the actual disk itself, is this hard to do and what equipment would I need? all i need to do is print out my cd label just dont know how to get it onto the actual cd..any help would be great.Ant

2. c@tbyte

Hitman

Don't stick anything on the disks.
    If you want to label them, buy printable disks and a disk printer. Both are cheap enough.

3. Beans on toast Dave

Mobster

you can stick labels on the disks but this can cause various problems with unbalenced disks, better to get a cd printing printer

4. senorstealth

PermaBanned

i stuck lables onto over 200 cd's and dvd's without any problems. You just have to make sure the label goes on central, using an applicator

5. c@tbyte

Hitman

Doesn't always work. My ex boss got me to stick the proper labels on disks. With an applicator. (I'm very glad that the backups I did, didn't have them on. They worked.)
    I'd personally advise anyone who values their data not to stick anything on their disks

6. senorstealth

PermaBanned

True, i never stick labels on important discs