• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need help with Gigabyte 1080 turbo aftermarket cooling

Associate
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and all forums in general, so first of all: Hi everybody!

As the title suggests, I recently purchased a gigabyte 1080 turbo

The price was right and I needed the upgrade, however it's loud and due to male pattern baldness I would rather use speakers than headphones.

I was looking in to after market cooling when I found the NZXT kraken G12.

First question:

Would this fit my GPU?

Second:

Which low cost aio will fit the g12? (Recommendations wanted pretty please)

Third:

Are there any guides to removing stock cooling system for this particular GPU?

I would also like to add that I have done some searches on my own, I've looked at different forums and reviews, I've seen G12 compatibility lists. However I can't make heads or tails of it.

Ideally I would appreciate if someone could give me a really simple answer! I am of course a noob.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I was in your position (and I have been) it would be easier and cheaper to sell the turbo and take a hit and buy a 1080 with a better cooler .

Associate
It is not as difficult as it looks. Just take your time and make sure you use the correct screwdrivers.

As for compatibility I can't tell you as i dont know. But as far as I'm aware the cooler you are looking at is universal.

Soldato
water cooled mine- its a G1 PCB and used alphacool - sure they now have a GPU AIO unit for this card but youd have to double check

easy to undo- the fan-shroud is attached to the Heatsink :) Gigabyte doesn't mind cooler removal so no stickers just dont damage the PCB :)

G12 will work fine, even older g10 - get some ram sinks!

Back
Top Bottom