need help with picking new parts!

Associate
i have had my pc for around 1/2 years now i haven't upgraded it yet but i was thinking about upgrading to make it run games a lot better then what it already can.
my pc - processor intel(R) Core(TM)i56600k CPU @ 3.50GHz
graphics is a 970 nvidia
ram 8gb (got another 8gb coming)
storage 1 tb
mother-board ASUS Z170-E
i dont really know a lot of stuff about pc parts lmao but any help would be nice and helpful. i can run any game with good fps but wondering what i can upgrade for the future
thanks

Soldato
Clock that 6600K (get a decent cooler if you haven't got one already) and slot in a new GPU.

What is your budget and what is the make/model of your monitor?

Soldato
Do you not have an SSD? If not that's your first and #1 upgrade my friend!! Definitely need one of those :D

As Plex mentions, what resolution do you play at, presume 1080p? Do you plan to upgrade your monitor anytime soon, for 144Hz or 1440p gaming?

What's your budget? Again, if no SSD - then that's your first definite port of call!

Associate
OP
Clock that 6600K (get a decent cooler if you haven't got one already) and slot in a new GPU.

What is your budget and what is the make/model of your monitor?
i have got a 144hz benq minitor and my SSD is
Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB

my budget would be around couple hundred i would say 400-700

Soldato
That's not an SSD my friend... It even says in the product name 'HDD' (hard disk drive) :p

EDIT: You should grab yourself an M.2 SSD (I checked and your mobo has an M.2 slot) and 5700 XT like the below.

The M.2 SSD on it's own would be one of the best upgrades you've had in a long time, Windows itself would boot up/shutdown and operate much smoother in itself. Then the GPU upgrade will really help with 144Hz gaming and your FPS on newer games. :)

Yes the M2 is out of stock but I believe stock is dripping in, same goes for the GPU looks like stock is due in ~2 weeks. Worth the wait though IMO, best bang for buck right now.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £589.98 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just getting an SSD over the mechanical HDD would be a massive upgrade all in itself. You may need a new power supply depending on what you have for an upgrade of the GPU, you need to take a look to see if it has the right connectors.

Also a AMD 5700XT would be best mid-range card price wise, but you can get a 2060(or even the super) for £40-50 more if Nvidia is your favourite.

And overclock that CPU!

Back
Top Bottom