Need help with upgrading my CPU

Man of Honour
In what way doesn't your pc play those games? The cpu is much more powerful than even the recommended specs (1st gen i5-650) for black desert online and is over the minimum and probably equal to the recommended i5 (Coffeelake changed core counts on cpu's so in effect i3's became i5's, i5's became i7's etc) for Maple Story 2 when it launches next week so how is it not running these games because it should manage them easily? Having only a single stick of memory was a mistake but it wouldn't hinder performance to any great effect. You need to explain to us what is happening. Is it throttling due to overheating? You have got a cooler installed on the cpu haven't you because one isn't checked in the link you posted?

You could drop a i5 or i7 in but you will have to pay through the nose because prices for Intel cpu's have skyrocketed over the past week or so and are now at disgraceful levels. Without getting to the bottom of your current problem I feel that this would be a wasted move.

Soldato
Stick with , should be fine .

Remember, i3 are now 4 cores 4 threads.

Current and older games recommend 7th gen and below i5s which were at the time, 4 cores 4 threads .

Grab another stick of ram, single channel will effect your minimum frame rates and can cause stuttering I found .

Pasty is right, system should be a good performer

For MS2

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

CPU: Intel Core i3 or better (gen 7 and below !)

RAM: 4GB or more

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 730 / GeForce GT 630

HDD: 8GB or more of available disk space

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

CPU: Intel Core i5 or better (gen 7 and below !!!)

RAM: 8GB or more

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 750 / GTX 750 TI/ GTX 650TI / GT 1030

HDD: 8GB or more of available disk space

Your system will be fine !!! Above recommend

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I checked out games on can you run it and it said i dont have the minimum or recommended to play these games , if i start up games for example like planet coaster or jurassic world my cpu will spike to about 99-100% usually that happens when playing any games like black desert so all i need is another memory stick to help it ? - should i ignore can you run it is it not accurate ? is it possible that im not using all 4 of my cores then ? if i activated all 4 would that reduce the cpu spike

Last edited:
Soldato
You have got a cooler installed on the cpu haven't you because one isn't checked in the link you posted?

According to the picture that PC comes with the stock Intel cooler.

if i start up games for example like planet coaster or jurassic world my cpu will spike to about 99-100%

Your CPU running at 100% is NOT necessarily a problem. All that matters is how the game plays. Are you getting good performance in the game?

Back
Top Bottom