Need help!

Associate
I have just finished building my pc with the following components;

DFI DK-x58 t3eh6 motherboard, i7 920 cpu, 3gb corsair dominator memory, akasa powermax 850w, geforce 9500gt, cm690 case

So i put it all together and it powers up fine, I then tried to install windows 7, which completed successfully, followed by a reboot (after the installation), then as it tries to load up windows (booting again from hard disk) it gets to the loading screen and then the screen goes blank. It does this everytime I try to load windows 7...I dont get past the loading screen.

So, I tried a copy of Windows Vista Business 64bit (from laptop), this installs fine and I get into the operating system fine! Everything is working perfectly until I downloaded the latest drivers for the 9500gt from the nvidia website, installed them, rebooted my machine and I get the very same problem, the screen just goes blank after the windows loading screen.

What is going on! Can anybody shed some light on this as it is getting really frustrating for me.

Thanks ocuk forums

Whats going on? If anybody could help me at all I would be so grateful.

Associate
OP
update: booting into safe mode in windows vista, and then uninstalling the nvidia drivers allows me to get into windows vista in normal mode (but without graphics drivers).

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Associate
Had the exact same problem with a mates PC the other day but he had a 9800gx2. Seemed as soon as any nvidia drivers (any version) were loaded it would boot to a black screen. This happened on both Vista and 7.

Tried another card and it worked fine, now running fine with a 260GTX

Card was under warranty and is currently being replaced.

strangely enough changing the DVI port the monitor was connected ocassionaly showed a display but shortly after the screen went black again.

Hope that helps...probably not what you wanted to hear though!

Associate
it was an asus rampage formula, after searching the internet for hours and pulling my hair out after many driver uninstalls/re-installs there seemed to be 3 main theories.

- Graphics card had failed somewhere but still operational
- power supply was on its way out and not able to feed the card enough power through the 6pins when using video drivers
- some people reported a bios update fixed the problem (not sure why after systems working fine before)

Associate
OP
I can confirm that I have found the problem

The problem lies in the Geforce 9 series, where there are massive amounts of bug/incompatability issues with windows. After getting desperate and browsing every forums remotely linked to my issue, I read that a guy got forceware version 178.13 working, (while the newer drivers cause the screen to blank while loading windows). I can confirm that this is the case.

Luckily for me I won't be using this 9500gt for long as I have my hd4890 on the way back to me. Nvidia need to sort it out seriously, can't believe they still sell these cards, so problematic and definately more trouble than they are worth.

Back
Top Bottom