• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
i brought my PC last year and I loved it, but I’m starting dislike it. When I’m playing most off the time I would get the blue r set screen this has been happing for along time now but i was wondering if it might be because off my
Graphics card, I have a nivida 970 and it might need upgradeing. I’m only 14 and don’t know a lot about computers if any advice and what do do would be great and I’m willing to spend money to upgrade my computer
Sorry if I put the wrong tags in i just really want to get help!
PC specs
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @3.50 GHZ 3.50 GHZ
8.00GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
970 Nvidia
Windows 10 home

Last edited:
Associate
You could do a couple of things. Firstly take a picture of the error on the blue screen and google it see what the cause is. Alternatively try another gpu, a friends or on board graphics if your motherboard supports it and see if it still blue screens. It's just a process of elimination to find the fault.

Associate
I'd guess it's some kind of thermal issue. You should download a temperature monitoring application like MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z and let it monitor what temperature your GTX970 is hitting during gaming. Another possibility is that your PC has contracted a virus or just become loaded down with crapware/malware over time. If that's the case, and it's available to you (i.e. you have the licence code), it may be worth starting from a fresh install of Windows - and make sure to have some kind of antivirus installed (free ones like Avast and Bit Defender are options).

Soldato
Clean install of windows preferable, you can create the USB install media on Microsoft.com and reinstall - it will activate fine. USB stick with about 4GB and create it, backup music etc you need then wipe clean the drives with format when you install - don’t use repair. Be sure to note the programs you need to install again - don’t install any hacked programs as probably stuffed with malware.

Bios reset would be a good place to start.

Do this ^^ specifically update the BIOS also, search and download the latest version. There may be some incompatibility with an old BIOS and newer windows updates.

Back
Top Bottom