Associate
So had the EK loop connect..... Software is total trash, doesn't need a tweak or two but to be totally redone. EK are not supporting the product saying to go for complete refund and get something else from another manufacturer after 35 emails. If you like rgb that works when it wants, software that can't find your hardware 50% of the time, can't use Gigabyte fusion rgb software at all or even have reminent files of it on the system for say gpu rgb, fans that spin but pump that randomly doesn't work on start up and software that crashes with no error messages that either keeps everything at pwm 40% or completely stops while gaming/rendering while you're afk (thank god for auto shut off) then its great for you!! Plus mine has a broken drgb port and another 1 that only gave out 50% power which meant that 1 or 2 fans where red randomly on the 3 way splitter for that port.

So after nice phone call to Overclockers they recommended:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lamptron-sp901-argb-pwm-fan-and-rgb-controller-black-fg-00u-lp.html

But its motherboard controlled which is okay for rgb (AsRock) but wanted software for pwm fans and pump to do nice custom curves accessible on desktop for specific run very hot tasks and some nice rgb effects. Temp Sensors would be nice too. So my RL friend said to get SpeedFan but he's aircooled and doesn't know if it will work for the pump. Does anyone use SpeedFan for a watercooled pc or know of good software for this?

I've the Phanteks P500A which has its own ARGB controller built in again motherboard controlled but doesn't have pwm at all (EK Vardar fans currently daisychained to it plus a splitter with pump and flow indicator drgbs, runs fine but nothing great).

I really like the Corsairs Commander Pro on paper but I've heard it only works with corsair fans and nothing says what kind of rgb connection it has like 4pin rgb or 3pin a/drgb. ICUE software is great as I use it for RAM. Is anyone using this with EK Vardar 120EVO DRGB Fans or remembers what rgb connections it has? I'm assuming 4pin.

Price isn't much of an issue but I don't want a Digital display at all and preferably something mounted at the back and out of view.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Get an https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-octo-fan-controller-for-pwm-8-fans-wc-33h-aq.html and use that to control everything - I have the d5 next which does almost the same thing but I suspect the Octo would have been a better bet.

This^
I have both (and some other AC kit). They're unbelievably awesome and Aquasuite is pretty top notch software. I love not needing RGB headers on my mobo, and not being tied to all the other janky software out there.

Much appreciated guys. This looks amazing after an unboxing and review videos!!! Can't believe the level of control, customisation and layout of the software. I've ordered this plus the adapter for 3pin drgb to 5v RGBpx, inline temp sensor by the same company, 2 normal temperature sensors plus another one from china to fit into my reservoir.

I'm thinking of setting it to be the median between inline after 2nd radiator and reservoir sensors for less ramping up and down once it arrives. Plus one sensor by the glass of my case and the other on the underside of my CPU block but not on the thermal plate. How do you guys have it set up?

Soldato
I'm thinking of setting it to be the median between inline after 2nd radiator and reservoir sensors for less ramping up and down once it arrives. Plus one sensor by the glass of my case and the other on the underside of my CPU block but not on the thermal plate. How do you guys have it set up?
I just run the D5 throgh the GPU, round the rads and then return via the CPU. Temps reach equilibrium throughout the loop, so loop order not really important.
I have a Cuplex Kryos on the CPU and an inline sensor at one of the rads, so plenty of temp sensors and no need for more. The Octo I run separately, controlling the push-pull fans on a 240 and 360, with everything running through the Hubby USB. Case RGB is handled by the D5, with a Farbwerk for the monitor.

Associate
OP
daZBe1K.jpg

Mines pump combo to rad 1 then flow indicator then rad 2 then CPU block and back to res. I'm waiting for the 3080 ti/super or 3090 ti/super to be released before adding GPU to the loop. I got push pull on the main intake through first 360 rad then only push on the top 360 rad and a last 120mm fan as rear ehaust in pull config. Its my first watercooled rig I've built tbh. My last pc only had 6 fans including cpu lols. Will be doing a project log after I get the octo in and configured plus a few lil cosmetics.

Whats temps like in the loop vs CPU and GPU?

Back
Top Bottom