Need some help picking a new case

Associate
Hi everyone. I kind of need some help as I've been researching for a good month and I'm still stuck. I've recently decided to fully upgrade my gaming pc and I got stuck on a case. At the moment I'm using Cooler Masters Half X, I've been using it for good 3 years now and I hate it with passion... Its a lovely sized case but the dust filtration in there is rubbish, I've got abit of an OSD in me, so I tend to keep everything clean and dust free, BUT omfg this case manages to suck all the dust from god knows where, so I end up fully cleaning it inside and out once in 3 months. So basically I would like some help with any suggestions on which case should I go. I'm looking for a full tower case with a foam dust filtration (as I found it to be the best) up to £200.
P.S I did considered doing DIY on this case and getting a foam fan filters, but through the years I've grown to hate this case, so I just want to change it all together.

Permabanned
best way to avoid excessive dust is just to keep your room clean :p
anyways what are you looking to get from a new case just good air flow and less dust build up?
I heard in reviews that if you have more air intake than exhaust it cuts down the dust build up through positive pressure? dont' understand this myself but heh I don't know everything.

Associate
OP
lol my room is an OSD clean :D and my pc isn't even standing on floor and the pc case I've got is a high air flow one so I'm just looking for a decent case with a foam dust filtration which isn't even mentioned on a any description

Permabanned
Well at the moment I've got a Corsair 780T and dust build up isn't that bad, I've never really cleaned it and I've hardly any dust in there. Although my air intake is lacking, I have more exhaust than intake and temps aren't what i'm looking for.
So I myself am looking at the Thermaltake View 71 for a new watercooling build but I'm still unsure about it as the side panels aren't flush so any old insect can get in there and fry everything.

Associate
OP
its hard to find something :/ ive got my eye on Thermaltake Core X71 TG atm but I'm not sure as I'm having a water cooling system inside aswell and this one seems to provide great space for it, but yet again god knows what dust filters look like

Soldato
Have you guys considered the Be Quiet 900 pro, I've just migrated my system over the white one and it's easily the best case I've ever worked on, while I've got a 280 mm silent loop aio with the case being so modular it shul be great for water and has great dust filtration.

Associate
OP
Hi, yes i did had a decent look at Be Quit 900 pro even thou it looks extremely simple it does have some potential. At first i certainly not a fan of how it looks visually and even thou uve got decent space inside it seems like it has unnecessary extra screws compared to different cases, the back side seems to have a bit less space for wires and because the power supply end up being in such a direct place all the wires are just in your face, rather than focusing on water cooling. Also i do not like the way it comes apart when you decide to clean it as it seems so much extra than what it should be AND all of this comes with a price tag £230 which to be fair doesn't seem like its worth the haste.
I do apologize for being so direct, i appreciate the reply's its just that im extremely picky as im spending over £2,000 for inside and i want the perfect case to keep it dust proof, nice and safe. Thank you so much

Soldato
Ive just bought a huge Phanteks case.

Then I saw a review on a white case...It wasn't so much the white it was the RGB that enabled the whole internals to change colour because the white reflected. Looked ace.

However I may change my enthoo Primo to a luxe. (wish it had RGB led's)

Associate
OP
The phanteks enthoo primo looks really cute but looking inside half of the space is being taking over by hard drive slots and it just separates everything, it just seems like there wont be enough space for nothing else. Its a shame to be fair as it does look really cute

Associate
OP
That separation just instantly kills me :D i don't know why, and the glass bit is so tiny, you could barely see whats inside. It just doesn't appeal to me at all. I've been just looking at Cooler Master Cosmos C700P and ffs with such a beautiful case comes such a cheap crappy dust filtration...just ****** me off

Permabanned
Hi, yes i did had a decent look at Be Quit 900 pro even thou it looks extremely simple it does have some potential. At first i certainly not a fan of how it looks visually and even thou uve got decent space inside it seems like it has unnecessary extra screws compared to different cases, the back side seems to have a bit less space for wires and because the power supply end up being in such a direct place all the wires are just in your face, rather than focusing on water cooling. Also i do not like the way it comes apart when you decide to clean it as it seems so much extra than what it should be AND all of this comes with a price tag £230 which to be fair doesn't seem like its worth the haste.
I do apologize for being so direct, i appreciate the reply's its just that im extremely picky as im spending over £2,000 for inside and i want the perfect case to keep it dust proof, nice and safe. Thank you so much

The Be Quite 900 pro can be had for £169 if you look around....

Back
Top Bottom