Need some more performance (upgrade)

Associate
Hello, my name is Marcz.
I been thinking about upgrading my pc for a while, since im feeling it getting a bit to slow for my gaming taste. My experince with building/upgrading pc is small to non, so I thought i would ask some geeks on a fourm, to help me out. And here I am xD

My specs are as followed:
Cabinet: Corsair 400C
Motherboard: Asus Prime B250M-A
CPU: Intel I5-7500k
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb gaming X
SSD: Toshiba 240GB A100
RAM: Crucial 2400Mhz DDR4 Ballistix
Powersupply: Corsair VS550 Watt 80+

Would be really glad if you guys could give me some advise, as what to update first, to get the most out of my money and performance :) Thanks

Edit: Budget about $1000, has to be ready for 4k, but for now HD, my CPU isn't over overclocked. My games are as followed, Bf1, AC Origins and Apex Legends. I also wanna be able to edited videos smooth at HD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seeing that you have an unlocked and reasonably good CPU, I would get a decent cooler for it and overclock it. There's literally thousands of guides on overclocking, give a few a read or watch and see how you feel about having a go with it.

But for 4k gaming you're definitely going to be GPU limited, the GTX1060 is a great 1080p card, but for 4k you're looking at an RTX2080 at least for solid 4k performance.

Back
Top Bottom