Need someone whos really good with photoshop!

Soldato
OP
Fan movies are covered differently.

As someone who has done commercial level design I know your skating on thin ice - Blizzard may consider it more effort to chase up than its worth or not even care but you never know - legally all the rights still belong to them.

As far as my understanding of the EULA though, I'd only be in the "poop" if i was selling what i made. Thats obviously not gonna happen.

Man of Honour
You would deff. be in the poop if you sold anything... most you'd get for using their textures/assets in user made content, even for another game is a cease and desist. Some companies are more anal about it than others, unfortunatly due to issues related to "setting a legal precedent" sometimes they have to take action when they aren't really too bothered... can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Soldato
OP
You would deff. be in the poop if you sold anything... most you'd get for using their textures/assets in user made content, even for another game is a cease and desist. Some companies are more anal about it than others, unfortunatly due to issues related to "setting a legal precedent" sometimes they have to take action when they aren't really too bothered... can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Ive made a ticket in game to chat to a GM about it just to get clarification really. The thread has been very active on one of their busiest forums which blizzard staff monitor 24 hours a day and thats not been deleted or an email sent to me etc. Better safe than sorry though!

Thanks for the headsup

Soldato
OP
Got confirmation from blizzard and a link to their legal FAQ and im in the clear as long as I dont try and sell it lol.

Can I put my own "home-made" maps on my web site for download?

Yes, we encourage players to create maps and trade them on the Internet so long as they are not for sale or profit, nor any other commercial purpose as defined solely by Blizzard Entertainment®.

plus

Can I do a total conversion of your games?

Yes. We've seen some very polished and fun conversions for our games, and have no problems with total conversions so long as they are for personal use and do not infringe our End User License Agreement included in our games, nor the rights of any other parties including copyrights, trademarks or other rights.

Back
Top Bottom