Need the N80 for cheap, some cunningness required

sid

sid

Soldato
Hi ,

I need a N80.

But heres the problem cos im on a low tariff of 19 pm and a avg spend of only 25pm i cant afford the 229 price which i was just quoted.

But I just noticed that if I start a new contract , 12 months, 19pm , the phone is only £99

But the new 19pm contract is only 50 mins and 200 texts, i get 500 texts for 19pm (old contract, no longer avaliable presumably)

So what are my options? Just loose the number and get a new one?

Anyone know of any better deals?, i need 12month contract with low tariff, i dont really use the phone that much tbh, is 99 the cheapest i can get it then?

sid

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
FordPrefect said:
If you dont want to loose your number get hold of your pac code and try and get a deal on another network.

So far i havent been able to find any deal to beat that O2 one though

Soldato
sid said:
Hi ,

I need a N80.

But heres the problem cos im on a low tariff of 19 pm and a avg spend of only 25pm i cant afford the 229 price which i was just quoted.

But I just noticed that if I start a new contract , 12 months, 19pm , the phone is only £99

But the new 19pm contract is only 50 mins and 200 texts, i get 500 texts for 19pm (old contract, no longer avaliable presumably)

So what are my options? Just loose the number and get a new one?

Anyone know of any better deals?, i need 12month contract with low tariff, i dont really use the phone that much tbh, is 99 the cheapest i can get it then?

sid

got my n80 for free....

with insurance, 600anytimes minutes, 400 txts, 50 video minutes, 50 picture txt messages, and i put an add on for web of 15mb data, all for 35 pound per month.

baring in mind its on "3" the coverage is superb never struggle for a signal, even with 3g the coverage is great. also if i have problems i can go straight through to phones 4 u, and they contact the english call centre. and everything gets sorted!

Last edited:

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
Right Neon hold on a sec,

I dont really use my phone that much, i just need the contract so that i can avoid topping up like 10 year olds and get expensive phones on the cheap.

35*12 = £420 per year for you
while the O2 will be 19*12 +99 ~ £320 ish

I can see your point though cos you clearly use your phone more so its worth it for you to spend the extra on the tariff and get the phone free while, I need the "phone itself"

I already have a nokia 6680, N80 seems the natural upgrade, Mind you i paid £70 for the 6680 1 year ago , i will just sell it and get the N80 for free i guess,

Im gonna call up O2 now and have a rite moan bout charging old customers more than new ones

sid

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
KaHn said:
Knowing people who work for a phone company works a treat.

Flext 75 + web and walk = 40 pm +nokia 8800 = free

KaHn

thats an 18 month contract that will cost me 40 *18 = 720 minimum and i dont want the 8800, its the n80

thanks

sid

Soldato
sid said:
Right Neon hold on a sec,

I dont really use my phone that much, i just need the contract so that i can avoid topping up like 10 year olds and get expensive phones on the cheap.

35*12 = £420 per year for you
while the O2 will be 19*12 +99 ~ £320 ish

sid

thats not right sid

my contract plan can be lowered to as little as 9 pound a month i think they said as soon as 6 months is out the way.

Soldato
KaHn said:
Knowing people who work for a phone company works a treat.

Flext 75 + web and walk = 40 pm +nokia 8800 = free

KaHn
You might know people in the industry but they must not know about phones, as thats the wrong one :D Let me guess they work for phones4u...

Soldato
smokedog said:
You might know people in the industry but they must not know about phones, as thats the wrong one :D Let me guess they work for phones4u...

What are you on about? I was trying to make a point about gettin a phone which goes for £150 on the flext 75 contract for nothing but the monthly charge.

It works on lower contracts aswell.

KaHn

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
Neon said:
thats not right sid

my contract plan can be lowered to as little as 9 pound a month i think they said as soon as 6 months is out the way.

Fair enough, but i do use the phone mind you, wont get much for £9pm lol

Anyways i found a better deal with orange online 12pm

25pm gives 100 mins and 500 texts, Double what O2 do for £19 and the phone is only £50 too.

so that comes to 350 per year compared to 320 for O2, can't beat that i think so i'll be getting my Pac code from O2 and keeping the number

Sid

Soldato
sid said:
Fair enough, but i do use the phone mind you, wont get much for £9pm lol

Anyways i found a better deal with orange online 12pm

25pm gives 100 mins and 500 texts, Double what O2 do for £19 and the phone is only £50 too.

so that comes to 350 per year compared to 320 for O2, can't beat that i think so i'll be getting my Pac code from O2 and keeping the number

Sid

i said i could lower it to 9quid thats the lowest tariss i can have, i dont have to have 9pm tho :/

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
Made some progress now guys

Need some input from you guys

Just called O2 and asked for the pac code

Basically they offered me n80 for 180 and 3 months free line rental in one go, basically comes to 123 on my £19pm tariff,

I can still keep my old contract which gives me bout 70 mins and 500 texts pm which works fine for me.

3 months free line rental would mean i would get very low bills for the first 3 months rite ? ( i just pay for what i go over ?)

sid

sid

sid

Soldato
OP
OK called them up again and the bills for the first 3 months would be the same as usual cos they are using that credit to subsidise the phone,

But i also got a line rental reduction, £5 off the line rental. So I took the deal

Looking forward to a new N80 now

sid

Back
Top Bottom