1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to ship a container to the far East

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skyfire, 5 May 2006.

1. Skyfire

PermaBanned

I have buyers for cars and computers in the far east, anyone know how to book a shipping container cheaply? :)

2. danrok

Hitman

I think your best bet would be to use a broker. They will get the best price on your behalf.

Here's a random online example:
    http://www.shippingquotes.co.uk/index.asp

3. kitten_caboodle

Soldato

hang on ten minutes or so, my other half works for a frieght distribution company, i'll give him a shout see if he can help :)

4. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

I work for a freight forwarding company and we have a department who deals with cars and you can ship the computers via FAK (Freight All Kinds).

If you want to discuss this further, email in trust :)

5. Orifice

Man of Honour

Not sure what you class as cheap, but we pay £600 for a 40' container, but thats just for the container, not shipping.

6. Skyfire

PermaBanned

Lots of options here, thanks :).. I have saved to my favourites so if I need to book through one of you guys then I will Email in trust :)

7. Magic_x_uk

Soldato

Can i just ask,

this is legit isn't it ? All i mean is that there are a lot of scams going around about people from Nigeria etc wanting to buy things off of people here in the UK for eg: some people do fall for it. just hope you are not one of them. YOu never get your money

I dont mean any of that to sound rude or obvious. But wouldnt like to see a fellow OcUK ripped of.

8. i know nothing

Mobster

Call the shipping lines direct and get quotes before you deal with any agent, you'll be surprised how cheap it can be. They will also do all the paperwork, logistics as well, just like an agent would. I've used P&O in the past.

9. wesley

Soldato

mum shipped her harley davidson fat boy in a small container to USA 3 weeks before she flew out there to pick the bike up, cost her just over £1,000 :eek:

10. ElRazur

Capodecina

Your mum rides a fatboy? She must be the coolest mum of all.

11. wesley

Soldato

yep and electra glide

12. TDK

Hitman

I would say its going to cost you around £3000-3500 for 40ft container. You have to load the container yourself otherwise it costs extra. It will take 3 weeks to arrive via sea.

Try this company they were much cheaper than the rest for less than container load.

http://www.kn-portal.com/services/sea/

13. ElRazur

Capodecina

That is so cool, can i come and play with her..... :)

14. DarkShadow

Capodecina

That sounds wrong on so many levels :(

15. wesley

Soldato

dont think u want to meet her boyfriend ;)

16. Rotty

Don

a mate shipped his jag ( and some other stuff ) to new zealand in a container , cost him about £6,000

17. ElRazur

Capodecina

My girlfirend just pointed that out too. My bad, some expression in my language can be hard to interprete into english at times, i meant if i can ride with her not Play as in the play you might have in mind. :)

18. ElRazur

Capodecina

No, dont wanna get shot :) I meant if she can allow me to ride with her for a day or so, you know just hang together..............