• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
I remember a few years ago, I was having the same problem with ARMA 2, huge frame drops making it unplayable. Previous build was perfect.
After trying everything I installed an Intel ssd programme, I presume it also installed some form of drivers because after that it was perfect.

Sorry I can’t remember the name or be of any more help, but at this point it seems anything is worth a try..

Associate
OP
When you test with your 7700 you'll probably have to lower resolution to 720P not just settings to get a high frame rate. It should be much more powerful than the 920M in your laptop though.
Well, what'll be wrong if I'm gonna set minimum possible settings? I tried MIN set with Intel GPU, were the same issues as with 1080 Ti.
I think, 7700 can't handle 720p in GTA 5 or TW3.

Soldato
Well, what'll be wrong if I'm gonna set minimum possible settings? I tried MIN set with Intel GPU, were the same issues as with 1080 Ti.
I think, 7700 can't handle 720p in GTA 5 or TW3.
It can handle min settings on those games at 720P, it is around 2-3x as powerful as the Intel GPU. Intel's GPU drivers have never been great either so that might cause stuttering. It was only a suggestion anyway, I'm sorry that I can't suggest anything else that could help you.

Associate
OP
It can handle min settings on those games at 720P, it is around 2-3x as powerful as the Intel GPU. Intel's GPU drivers have never been great either so that might cause stuttering. It was only a suggestion anyway, I'm sorry that I can't suggest anything else that could help you.
Will try with both graphics settings.

Associate
OP
Let me know. I haven't got any more tweaks unfortunately.
TLDR: Issues almost disappear with AMD GPU! I assume it's 100% NVIDIA driver or card failure.

I've tested games with AMD Radeon HD7770 GPU.
I'll be write Update 5 tomorrow with more details.
If you want some info before full Update 5 change-log — you can check MSI AB .hml logs recorded with AMD.

Hardware Monitor logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1riQbrv0E7QhWGAoXxnlmvmkmmdWMRDb7

Important Edit:
I have already returned to NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti and tested Team Fortress 2. Everything was smooth and without spikes BUT at the end of last log recording frametime started jumping every 0.1-0.5 sec to constant 18.7 FPS! Something really goes wrong.

Team Fortress 2 logs (GTX 1080 Ti):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GgXC-kbaqWJO8WBgn5T4HdH5oOqT2YuB

Extreme spikes at the end of logging (screenshot):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZZISlFClcQMHjSmAcZu9GeSgbxAuIl2p

Last edited:
Soldato
TLDR: Issues almost disappear with AMD GPU! I assume it's 100% NVIDIA driver or card failure.

I've tested games with AMD Radeon HD7770 GPU.
I'll be write Update 5 tomorrow with more details.
If you want some info before full Update 5 change-log — you can check MSI AB .hml logs recorded with AMD.

Hardware Monitor logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1riQbrv0E7QhWGAoXxnlmvmkmmdWMRDb7
That's great news that at least the AMD card seems to work. I await your updates. It may be a driver problem as you said, others on the Nvidia forums have reported going to AMD solved their problems.

Associate
OP
That's great news that at least the AMD card seems to work. I await your updates. It may be a driver problem as you said, others on the Nvidia forums have reported going to AMD solved their problems.
Important Edit:
I have already returned to NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti and tested Team Fortress 2. Everything was smooth and without spikes BUT at the end of last log recording frametime started jumping every 0.1-0.5 sec to constant 18.7 FPS! Something really goes wrong.
Team Fortress 2 logs (GTX 1080 Ti):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GgXC-kbaqWJO8WBgn5T4HdH5oOqT2YuB
Extreme spikes at the end of logging (screenshot):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZZISlFClcQMHjSmAcZu9GeSgbxAuIl2p

Associate
OP
If even issues caused by NVIDIA driver why any older driver don't help? I tried 384.13 and older — the same problems. Maybe it's a card hardware failure?

Soldato
If even issues caused by NVIDIA driver why any older driver don't help? I tried 384.13 and older — the same problems. Maybe it's a card hardware failure?

Gonna chime in here, with the level of testing you have done did it not occur earlier that *it could* be a hardware fault? If it were me I would return the card for testing and also pass on all the data that you have undertaken to this point.

Associate
OP
Gonna chime in here, with the level of testing you have done did it not occur earlier that *it could* be a hardware fault? If it were me I would return the card for testing and also pass on all the data that you have undertaken to this point.
Yeah, I've noticed some freezing in FurMark 4 month ago wheb i bought it but didn't think that it is an issue. But now I'm so disappointed.

Associate
OP
Are you sure you're not just expecting too much from your hardware?

@1440P with a 1080Ti this review on Toms Hardware reckons you'll average about 100fps with drops as low as 70fps in GTAV. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti,4972-3.html

do you have any pci/e devices plugged in, used to get similar issues with an old asus sound card, insane latency spikes which caused huge fps drops, had to swap to some low latency drivers made by someone i cant recall the name of, however in the end i ditched the card and all the problems went away.

I remember a few years ago, I was having the same problem with ARMA 2, huge frame drops making it unplayable. Previous build was perfect.
After trying everything I installed an Intel ssd programme, I presume it also installed some form of drivers because after that it was perfect.

Sorry I can’t remember the name or be of any more help, but at this point it seems anything is worth a try..

Sorry but what am I meant to be looking at here? None come up when I go through the folders.
Can anyone of you help me by checking the post with AMD GPU results above?

Associate
Can anyone of you help me by checking the post with AMD GPU results above?
seems like it may be hardware related but you could rule that out by trying it out in another machine? apologies if you already tried that. in regards to the AMD results, that narrows it down a little bit further.
edit: also you never answered my question about the pci devices? do you have any of them?

Associate
OP
seems like it may be hardware related but you could rule that out by trying it out in another machine? apologies if you already tried that. in regards to the AMD results, that narrows it down a little bit further.
edit: also you never answered my question about the pci devices? do you have any of them?
Only 1080 Ti and M.2 SSD

Soldato
i remember back in the day mine 770 4 gig developed some spikes stutter i did everything and i couldn't fixed it at the end i just rma the card the new one didn't have the issue

Back
Top Bottom