Needs a small form factor pc

Associate
Hi all
I need a new pc
Something i can move from room to room if needed (I like these Mini Itx but some are too small for the equipment inside ?)
I wanted to have a go at the Ryzen cpu s
It will be used for general tasks but having a 10y old son who is showing interest in coding and likely gaming in future .
I want something solid very small and upgradable .
Any advice on a build . An option for a budget and a mid expensive one .
I am not that good in pc building
Thank you Very much in advance.

Associate
what sort of budget are you looking at? Also what level of performance, you can get something like a nuc or mini PC that is capable of light gaming and is very small.

Associate
OP
Budget 400 to 500 max . Would be nice of i haven't a low budget suggestion as well .
I know the nuc that's is not what i am after a bit bigger is ok about 25 cm x 25 cm or near that as long as it has a proper pc function . It is likely to be used for gaming .
Might have it as dual boot so when are not kids gaming we can use it for office or media if needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 5000G series look they start at £100,

ITX AM4 board £65.
16gb of RAM £60.
Case and PSU £70.
SSD £50.
1tb of spinning rust. £35.

Obviously you could easily double that price and if you want to add a dedicated video card, prices will increase further and dictate the case size.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The 5000G series look they start at £100,

ITX AM4 board £65.
16gb of RAM £60.
Case and PSU £70.
SSD £50.
1tb of spinning rust. £35.

Obviously you could easily double that price and if you want to add a dedicated video card, prices will increase further and dictate the case size.
Thank you ..
Any recommendations / links to the case psu and motherboard ( smallest possible )

Soldato
OcUK isn’t really the place for budget SFF kit. You could build an ITX system, but not for sensible money and you wouldn’t get true SSF. We can’t link to external sites.

The CPU, memory and storage wouldn’t be much of a problem, but the motherboard, case and PSU would be. The only ITX boards I’ve seen at OCUK are uber highend prices.

Associate
OP
OcUK isn’t really the place for budget SFF kit. You could build an ITX system, but not for sensible money and you wouldn’t get true SSF. We can’t link to external sites.

The CPU, memory and storage wouldn’t be much of a problem, but the motherboard, case and PSU would be. The only ITX boards I’ve seen at OCUK are uber highend prices.
Got it . Thanks a lot

Soldato
It depends how compact you want build the system. On the PSU side you PICO power supplies with external power bricks. Then slightly larger Flex, SFF and full ATX. Cases that use full SFF - ATX are usually larger Cube cases and not really SFF.

Associate
You will need an ITX board, butI would start looking at SFF cases, because you have very different options depending if you want to prioritise desk footprint, total volume, aesthetics, noise reduction, etc.

Back
Top Bottom