Neighbour complaining about noise

Permabanned
D18241 said:
yes it is, go google for it

No it really isn't true.. you don't have carte blanche to make whatever noise you want between 7-11. I just googled it as you suggested, to confirm this, and the 1996 noise Act says it is an offence to create a noise nuisance at any time. It is just that the powers to silence noisy neighbours are stronger between 11pm-7am.

Associate
Desmo said:
Get some proper speakers and you might :)

You obviously haven't heard these things. I have some myself and they are bloody loud, I haven't cranked mine up full yet but you can hear it down the street when its only at about 1/4 volume. 500 watt RMS THX goodness :).

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I had a neighbour move in not too long ago and within his first week at around 2pm he banged on my front door. My brother answered and I was out of ear-shot so I don't know what exactly was said but from my family I heard he said something along the lines of "If you don't turn your ******* music down, I'm gonna kick your head in."

My other brother had left the PC on in the backroom with an mp3 playing over and over, while he nipped out, although not loud enough for me to hear it upstairs.

My brother (one who answered door) has never been one for conflict and just shyed away. My mum heard about this from my brother and went straight around there and told him where he can put it and even if the music was too loud, all he needed to do was just ask and not threaten. She also mentioned to him that he was incredibley lucky that neither my other brother or myself answered the door because he'd of ended up with a black eye for threatening us.

Needless to say, the guy's never mentioned anything to us since. He was totally unreasonable.

Soldato
If the noise is that bad, you could always add some noise insulating cork to the ajoining wall then paper over it- if that was possible. I know it's a little extreme but I'd rather do that and not have to bother about the harrassment you are getting and be able 2 enjoy my music at an enjoyable level than none at all.

Associate
-AnthraX- said:
I was thinking i should make a complaint about him coming to my door drunk and being a general ******* when he gets back from the pub. He has only done it 3 times but it is quite dodgey when he does it cause he is generally aggressive. Should I complain about that?

Make the complaint. Every time he comes over to have a moan at you when drunk and generally unreasonable, he is actually thretening and intimidating you. You shouldn't have to put up with some drunk old fart knocking on your door at all hours.

Tell him to FOAD. Be prepared to use physical force to back that up, drunkards are unreasonable at the best of times.

Soldato
Cueball said:
Make the complaint. Every time he comes over to have a moan at you when drunk and generally unreasonable, he is actually thretening and intimidating you. You shouldn't have to put up with some drunk old fart knocking on your door at all hours.

Tell him to FOAD. Be prepared to use physical force to back that up, drunkards are unreasonable at the best of times.

So you are saying :

1) Threaten his life
2) Threaten him with violence
3) Proceed with violence if certain conditions should be met

hehe :p all he needs to do is report him to the police should he act threatening, thats all - no need to break out the lead piping and beat him over the head with it :p

Don't get me wrong, would probably feel good :) but not the best way to approach this situation

Soldato
Just report that he came to the door late one night in a dressing gown with his todger hanging out.... thats should soon sort him out. He wont dare ever make a fuss again for fear of what you will report him for next time!

Disclaimer: Not my fault if this backfires on you ;)

Back
Top Bottom