• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Neon Noir benchmarks

Soldato
The Neon Noir benchmark is now available from Crytek.

I'm sure @Kaapstad will be along shortly with a proper thread but I thoght I'd kick off with my initial results:

i7-8700, RTX 2080 Ti stock, 32 GB RAM.

1080p / full screen / ultra: 12594 and 120-150 fps
2160p / full screen / ultra: 4176 and 37-59 fps, mostly 45-50.

I had stuff running in the background and didn't look at CPU or GPU usage.

Last edited:
Soldato
Umm... "We used the tool that we were given to benchmark the game engine performance across a variety of graphics cards from the Radeon RX Vega 56 to the GeForce RTX 2080Ti to see how it all performed in an engine that is supporting Real-Time Ray Tracing features but not using specific hardware acceleration"

Soldato
OP
I took that to mean that it doesn't care about the presence or otherwise of hardware acceleration. The use or otherwise is at a lower level. You'll note that the top-performing cards are indeed RTX cards.

Soldato
If we don't know if the RTX would be ahead with the hardware, lets just think, the other cards don't have the dedicated hardware, the RTX have unused hardware, so it's pretty clear that the performance would increase if the engine was programmed to use the extra hardware.

Man of Honour
No RT cores or Tensor hardware is used for this - it uses a variety of techniques to do ray traced reflections and some GI features largely by creating a simplified representation of the geometry using Voxel techniques and as such isn't comparable to the feature set of a "proper" ray tracing solution - if it was doing the full feature set it would have another big drop in performance again similar to trying to run RTX features on a Pascal card.

Soldato
According to the devs, they will implement usage of RT cores as well (eventually) and they believe it will significantly speed up performance. This is from one of the early interviews on it (where they talked about resolutions), don't have a link saved.

Man of Honour
According to the devs, they will implement usage of RT cores as well (eventually) and they believe it will significantly speed up performance. This is from one of the early interviews on it (where they talked about resolutions), don't have a link saved.

The approach isn't an exact match for how structure wise nVidia have implemented the hardware in Turing but will be interesting to see results - in theory it should significantly reduce the time taken to process some components of this.

bru

bru

Soldato
ok colour me surprised
1080p ultra score 3192

Xenon 5650 @4.4GHz
MSi 970 gaming 4 @1458 MHz

And I must say it ran sweet as a nut and looked superb, with FPS between 30-40 with the lowest I noticed of 26 during the bullet section.

Back
Top Bottom