Nervous on phones??

Soldato
Anybody else get this?

I'm waiting in the queue to UCAS at the minute and i'm crapping a brick!

Worst of all is that I work in a call centre and it doesn't bother me. Just wheen calling somewhere up to find something out.

EDIT: Argh i'm shaking and the call queue music is mocking me! :(

Soldato
I only get nervous in person, really. How old are you?

I ask because, I've found as I've grown and matured (I think :p), that it kinda wears off after a while and you just simply go into a "Don't give a ****" kinda mode.

At least it's that way for me.

Phil.

Soldato
OP
wyrdo said:
No, although I know a guy that works here who hates using the phone. He can't even phone up somewhere to order a pizza.

A few years back I wouldn't be able to do that. Also I used to have to sit in an empty room with no distractions before using the phone.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I used to get it something chronic, to the point where I'd almost write down exactly what I was going to say. Working on a helpdesk cured that in no time!

Sic

Sic

Soldato
one of my ex's has to plan what she's going to say before anything. ordering a train ticket, pizza, calling someone she doesnt know too well.

i like phones, they allow me to end conversations without punching someone in the face.

Soldato
OP
Belmit said:
I used to get it something chronic, to the point where I'd almost write down exactly what I was going to say. Working on a helpdesk cured that in no time!

I think working in a call centre it's helping me a lot, been working there for the past year. And i'm doing pretty indepth and lengthly calls (loan/overdraft applications) but i'm off the phone now from UCAS and the woman was helpful.

I sound like a wuss. :p

I'm off to eat rocks!!! RAR!!!!

Permabanned
me227 said:
A few years back I wouldn't be able to do that. Also I used to have to sit in an empty room with no distractions before using the phone.

LOL, I'm sorry but I found that funny.

Just pretend to have an orgasm over the phone to the next random person over the phone, having a normal conversation from then on will be a doddle.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I hate phoning people, regardless of if I know them or not. Really not a good thing to not like doing :/ Have to apologise to friends regularly for not phoning them in ages.
I'm getting better though, have to phone a lot of people at work so it's helped.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
me227 said:
Oh what, I didn't hear you I was eating rocks!!!!! RAR!!!

sorry, im just so used to that sound because i snack on boulders. i eat rocks like peanuts, phone-wuss!!

Soldato
I can be, but aparently I am better at talking on the phone than talking in person :confused: Or so I'v been told.

Soldato
I love chatting on the phone more than a woman - anyone would think I'm gay but I'm not :D

A few of my friends hate using phones as well...

Soldato
My ex boyfriend always got nervous on the phone, to the extent he just wouldn't call somewhere, i.e taxi. Very annoying from my point of view, but I can understand it may be a bit awkward.

Soldato
OP
Jenjey said:
My ex boyfriend always got nervous on the phone, to the extent he just wouldn't call somewhere, i.e taxi. Very annoying from my point of view, but I can understand it may be a bit awkward.

Well I wouldn't do that now, fair enough it makes me nervous but I wouldn't make things awkward for someone else. At the end of the day the phone is hardly going to kill me.

Back
Top Bottom