Net Admins: Post your PICNIC of the week here!!!

Associate
I'm sure all net admins know the Term PICNIC standing for "Problem In Chair Not In Computer"

Myself and colleagues have a sort of competition, being one of us per site, to see who can get the best picnic on a weekly basis.
some of the stories are quite humourous so i thought i might see if there are some better ones out there.

You don't even need to be a net admin, merely witness a colleague or client being humourously ignorant or technically inept :)

Mine for today is:
User was using the Open VMS system via refelctions viewer in which keys simulate those of a Digital VT terminal. (dumb terminal communicates over Decnet.) In this case F2 does a print screen of the system interface. This particularly clever user reasted the headset connected to the phone on the said Key causing a print queue of 1800 blank screens. Which sent them into a flat spin and they paniced and eventually managed to pause the printer (hp laserjet, holds 2500 sheets per tray) after 200 prints. the queue had reached 2750 by the time i got there and cancelled it.

I'm quite sure when i applied, under the "General - applies to all staff" section of the application form, it said "Basic knowledge of IT systems required."
Someone lied a bit......

Back
Top Bottom