1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

netbook battery life help

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by webmonkeyuk, 11 Sep 2009.

1. webmonkeyuk

Wise Guy

I was just having a look round the shops today as im trying to get hold of a netbook, anyway i was just chatting to one of the sales rep's in a shop about a acer that had 7.5 hours battery. i know that the life all depends on what your doing so i asked him what sort of time you would get out of the battery just surfing via wifi and with average screen brightness and he said about 4 hours, does it really drop that much just surfing?

Also whats your thoughts on the Asus 1005HA, i like the sound of 10hours battery :D

2. Raikiri

Capodecina

What's your budget and which Acer were you looking at?

If it lists 7.5 hours I would expect 5-6 just browsing.

3. webmonkeyuk

Wise Guy

about £300 max and it was an Acer Aspire One 531, i have read that the battery is not as good as it says it is.

4. Raikiri

Capodecina

Assuming it has the 6 cell battery it should have a good battery life, I think the poor battery life mentioned was in reference to the 3 cell.

5. Supertaff

Wise Guy

I get about 8 hours worth of battery time from my Asus 1000HE using for basic work and surfing the internet via wifi.

If you can put up with a darker screen it will go to 9.5 hours, but I've never had the need to have that long a life from it.

Taff.

6. TheVoice

Capodecina

I really like the look of the 1005HA. If I had to buy a netbook right now, I'd probably go for that one. Considered it actually, but I'm waiting for the general spec of netbooks to improve and the prices to become a bit more sensible again.

7. webmonkeyuk

Wise Guy

been round about 5 shops today but no where has the asus in stock

8. TheVoice

Capodecina

Doesn't surprise me, online is probably your best bet really.