Netflix comms boss sacked for using very bad word

Soldato
Even before the film 633 squadron which was on tv a while they had to put an announcement on first advising that said word was said in a time and place of that period.

Frankly it's shocking that if I used the name of the character I would get hate.

In context of talking about Guy Gibsons dog called ******. You reckon you'd get hate for its name.

I'd be more surprised at the effort required to reference a dog by name whose only notability is belonging to someone of note and having a name which is considered loaded in the present time.

Is there any other way of talking about it besides "Hey did you know Guy Gibson had a dog called ******."

- cue examining audience to see if they appreciate the edginess.

After which the potential conversation about Guy Gibsons dog called ****** really runs dry.

I'd shoot you down for being an attention whore and trying it on though.

Soldato
"In a descriptive context"?

What does that actually mean? Why couldn't he say black person or use the term 'n-word'?

I'm not sure why there is an uproar about this? A director especially has to be careful about what they say because they represent the company. They can be fired for a lot less. Non-story. It's only in the press because of the word used...

Context is obviously everything... for example:

Skip to 2:25 if you wish....

Caporegime
In context of talking about Guy Gibsons dog called ******. You reckon you'd get hate for its name.

I'd be more surprised at the effort required to reference a dog by name whose only notability is belonging to someone of note and having a name which is considered loaded in the present time.

Is there any other way of talking about it besides "Hey did you know Guy Gibson had a dog called ******."

- cue examining audience to see if they appreciate the edginess.

After which the potential conversation about Guy Gibsons dog called ****** really runs dry.

I'd shoot you down for being an attention whore and trying it on though.

Not difficult I just did it. And the ensuing discussion that it would bring as to whether it should be retrospectively censored / banned etc

Caporegime
"In a descriptive context"?

What does that actually mean? Why couldn't he say black person or use the term 'n-word'?

I'm not sure why there is an uproar about this? A director especially has to be careful about what they say because they represent the company. They can be fired for a lot less. Non-story. It's only in the press because of the word used...

Well he was talking about its use in the comedy shows they broadcast.

So you not find it a little bit funny they can broadcast the "n-word" globally to billions every day but use it in a private meeting about your international public use of it and you get fired?

Caporegime
Well, only because they bought it. They didn't make it.

Anyway, that's an astonishing 4 shows out of 1000's with "strong black male protagonists."

PC gone mad! Bloody SJWs etc

Back
Top Bottom