1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

netgear dg834 install problems

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by danoliver1, 25 Mar 2006.

1. danoliver1

Mobster

Tried installing a netgear gn834 modem dsl light green, finds an isp address when i search on auto says connected at 1.1mb when i use the login name [email protected]_domain cos i dont have a login name and password as default,
    but it cannot load any web pages? everything is at default/auto, was using a bt voyager 205 any suggestions

2. Curiosityx

Mobster

I would have thought youd need to log onto the service in order to get internet connectivity.

They should be an option within the Netgear config.

Try this also

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101593.asp

3. danoliver1

Mobster

What do yo u mean log on i thought my connection was always on not login details needed or password?

4. Curiosityx

Mobster

Nearly all ADSL services require an account to log onto the service, an ADSL modem is useful because one of its features is that it allows you to enter the account details into it and it will log onto the service for you plus in most cases they will reconnect if the line is dropped automatically.

Otherwise you have to configure a dialup account on the PC in order to log onto the service.

5. danoliver1

Mobster

how do i find out what my login details are iam sure bt never gave me one?

6. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

Some BT accounts are the exception here as they work on CLI rather than a username or password. Try entering anything into the username and password fields.

:confused: How will that work with a router?

7. danoliver1

Mobster

failed connect to server when i put enything in password and username only connects when i put [email protected]_domain in, conects but wont load any pages, some one must use bt with no login and has a different router?

8. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

Try entering bt/bt as the username and password. Does the router get an IP address?

9. Curiosityx

Mobster

Im talking modems here, in the case of ADSL routers 9/10 you need to enter account information in order to log onto the service with the option of reconnecting automatically.

There are also other configuration changes youll need to make on a router depending on your provider like setting PPOE/PPOA settings and virtual circuit ID's but they are provided by the ISP.

10. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

Fair enough.

PPPoA/PPPoE </pedant>

11. danoliver1

Mobster

just tried my email userename and password and it connected workin fine now :p
    funny how my old modem never needed these?

12. danoliver1

Mobster

:D anyway thanks for help guys

13. Curiosityx

Mobster

I stand corrected.

Strange that..

:)