Netgear GS724T and 2x GS608 on same Network

Associate
Hi Guys,

Ive got a bit of a problem that im hoping you guys would be able to help me with, basically its a home network setup with a Netgear GS724Tv3 as the Main Switch which is then wired off to devices in the respective rooms, this all works perfectly.

The issue arises when I need multiple devices in a room, I have 1 cat5e cable going to each room and where there is a need for multiple devices ive added a Netgear GS608 in that room and then wired the multiple devices into that.
The problem is that when the GS608's are connected I seem to be getting some sort of packet storm / broadcast storm as all the activity light on all ports of the GS724T are blinking constantly and the entire network comes to a crawl.

I think from having a google on this I would need to setup STP? However I dont have any experience on this, if someone would be able to assist or correct me if im wrong it would be a great help!

Thanks
Jas

Associate
Hi,

Afaik you would only be getting a storm like that and have to use STP if you had redundant links in your network. Have a look to make sure that you don't have any loops i.e your Netgear GS608's aren't also connected together causing a loop.

Back
Top Bottom