1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

netgear wireless router hanging?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by rG-tom, 20 Feb 2006.

1. rG-tom

Sgarrista

Hi guys,

I have a netgear WGT624v3 router that continously drops the connection, sometimes every few hours, sometimes every few minutes. Can be random, sometimes seems to be spurred by certain websites. I can get the router to hang by visiting some websites that i know work on other connections and if im connected straight through my ntl box.

my first one did the same but that died on a firmware update, so it got rma'd.

by dropping i mean all net activity just stops and i cant access the router contro l panel, but the normal lights stay active and windows doesnt notice the disconnection. I have to unplug the power and plug it back in to get it to work.

I've been putting up with this for the 2 months since ive bought it and wonder if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers

Tom.

2. benjo plz.

Capodecina

It's probably cooking on the inside.

3. rG-tom

Sgarrista

it's stood on its side and nowhere near anything so has plenty of room around it for airflow :/ and why would a certain site be able to cause this problem if that was the case :S whenever i go to www.hennesseyperformance.com for example, it hangs.

Tom.

4. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Hmm, well the main problem i've found with Netgears, is that their psu's are overrated, which means that the routers fry on the inside, and the casing doesn't allow enough airflow to cool it properly. There's a thread on it here.
    Not sure why it would be for one specific page though.

5. MikeOCUK

Gangster

ive installed 4 and not had any probs, however i found a few problems until the latest firmware is installed.