1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network managers - how many on ocuk?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Raumarik, 6 Feb 2006.

1. Raumarik

Capodecina

Just curious? Just started as a NM at a high school + cluster primaries, curious how many other Network managers use OCUK, I hope I'm not the only one! :p

2. [Darkend]Viper

Wise Guy

Ohhh ME ME. I've been in the same school for 5 years and have watched my network grow from 34 pc's to just under 300. And i''m the only one :(

3. Otacon

Capodecina

Well, it's not my only role, but I can fit in here :)

4. GM@N

Wise Guy

Like Otacon "it's not my only role". :)

5. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

I'm an IT Director, so network stuff is by no means my only responsibility, but yeah, I'm here.

6. Raumarik

Capodecina

I have about 350 in the high school and about the same amoungst the primaries. On my own for now but due a technician once our new school is built :) Loving the job to be honest, great fun and very interesting!

7. Syph

Soldato

My boss is the network manager... He runs the admin and the network, we make sure things work client side. We have 3x ICT rooms (32 machines), plus a suite in each faculty and a wireless classroom (32 laptops). Workable between 3 of us.

8. afraser2k

Sgarrista

I'm one of many at work I suppose. I'm responsible for ~75 desktops in two student labs consisting of Windows 2000 with Novell OES.

I also help out other "network managers" with the staff domain (running Win2K Server currently moving to 2003) and a small Linux lab of 25 desktops running Scientific Linux (with a Debian server if I remember correctly).

Thing's are looking up though as I might be starting to help out with our local grid project for more server-side experience. :cool:

9. oddjob62

Sgarrista

Work for an IT outsourcing company so support over 100 networks around London

10. topher

Mobster

Network Admin, so count me in!

11. Robdav

Wise Guy

Put's hands up... IT Manager for large insurance firm in reading.. just about to either 1) take pay increase to support 3 more offices (additional 60 people - all on my own) or 2) update CV... vote with feet.

12. afraser2k

Sgarrista

From today I'm also IT training officer for staff who didn't take voluntary severance apparently. :(

13. Pain

Gangster

Add me to the list!

14. M0KUJ1N

PermaBanned

<--- evil Computing Officer/ BoFH for a University. Doing mainly AD/ Windows administration but also responsible for a few RHEL/Fedora boxen. 'tis fun, fairly diverse and interesting but get the feeling from reading these forums I could be making a helluva lot more money elsewhere!

15. UKDTweak

Soldato

I am a network admin/pc technician, there are three of us here looking after 700 + client machines, a cluster and several servers, running a mixture of 2K, NT4, 2003, XP and Win98.

16. Baz

Mobster

Like others, I am a network admin plus other things besides. DO everything IT related (and a lot of things that are not IT related!!) for about 100 people over 6 sites, includes 5 servers (due to have a few more!) a dozen blackberrys, mobile phones, copiers, printers, phone system, programming, web site design, intranet design, database admin, you name it, I do it :)

keeps me busy (as you can imagine!)

17. Cybergangster

Wise Guy

I'm an IT Manager for a City based law firm, so I have my fingers in a lot of pies… networks included.

18. Memphis

Capodecina

Only a small bit but yeah, do a little bit of Network Management and Monitoring here.

19. Mr Blonde

Caporegime

Use to be an IT manager in the 90's but moved on to bigger and better paper shuving!

20. Snow-Munki

Capodecina

keep myself busy with a few networking issues :p