1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Problem

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by dandan556, 20 Jan 2006.

1. dandan556

Gangster

Hello, i have a small network problem in which i cant access PC2 from PC3 and visa versa, they cant contact each other in anyway, all the PC's can be seen in the same workgroup from each PC, all this will become clear in the diagram below.

[​IMG]

The green arrows indicate the PC's that can talk to each other (eg. ping each other), and the red arrow the PC's that can not.

I'm not very good at explaining things, if you require any more info just gimme a shout.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. tolien

Caporegime

W00t for colour blindness - which machines can't ping each other, since the three arrows are identical to me :p

Firewalls?
    Can the machines that can't ping each other ping the router?

3. benjo plz.

Capodecina

hell not this again, erm ok first things first, what firewalls you got running?

Edit : Balls Tolien. I'm also colour blind :\

4. dandan556

Gangster

No firewalls running, they can all ping the router, access the internet etc..
    Just PC3 and PC2 that cant talk to each other, in a computing way of course :p

5. CoXeY

Hitman

Is there a setting on the wireless router that's prohibiting the communication? Our WAP at work has this functionality - Netgear something or other...

6. MAllen

Wise Guy

For the colour blind - the arrow between PC3 and PC2 is red. The other two arrows are Green. :)

Can you ping each PC? Go to a DOS prompt and try ping 192.168.1.2.

Get this level to work before you mess with the Windoze network side.