Network Switch?

Associate
Hello everyone :)

My router is downstairs but I have a computer upstairs (mainly used for gaming) and sometimes work from upstairs as well. My issue is that the SuperHub from VM is terrible for wireless around my house and when working upstairs, it constantly drops the connection.

Is a switch the correct thing I am looking for? Have it upstairs, plug it in to the router and then connect all the other stuff that is upstairs to it to share the internet from it? If so, I don't want to spend a lot on one but do want something that will be good enough for gaming.

I was looking at a TP-Link SG105E but I really don't have a clue when it comes to networking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Soldato
Yes, run a cable from the router to a switch upstairs and you can connect multiple devices to it. It's practically impossible;e to buy a bad unmanaged switch in this day and age, a recognised brand is a safe bet, uplink make decent switches, but i'd personally not buy anything without a minimum of 8 ports - you can also connect an AP to improve wifi upstairs if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom