Never Opened Vista - Want Windows 7

Associate
From all the reviews I'm reading here and across the web, it seems that Windows 7 is the way to go.

I was at MIX UK in 2007 and got a copy of Vista Ultimate for free! Oddly enough, though, I've never used it.

Now I'm thinking of upgrading my PC with a Solid State Drive and saw that Windows 7 supports these very well.

I managed to find a Microsoft site that allows you to upgrade a new copy of Vista (I consider mine is new, since I haven't used it). Unfortunately, it seems to be pitched at the US market.

Is anyone aware of other legitimate ways of making the switch across without having to buy the new OS? I'm suspecting not, but hoping that there's a poorly-advertised route to do this.

Don
basically if you've bought Vista since July 2009, you'll have a voucher in the box for an upgrade...

-made up the date, as an example.. but it's only recent copies

Associate
Marakith,

Thank you for your support of Windows 7. Just so you are aware, if you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/buy/offers/pre-order-ended.aspx

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Back
Top Bottom