Nev's Nth shots from Cardiff

Associate
If you haven't already, check Hoodi's thread here about our (2nd) little journey around Cardiff.

Alas, I didn't really come away with shots on a par with my companion (and nowhere near as many :() but still, it was a worthwhile afternoon.*
I spent some time having my first go at bracketing for HDR too. Haven't had a chance to process them yet though, which may explain why I don't have so much to show.
Anyway, here goes...

1. We start with a random (and rather boring) chain:
chain%20border%20small.jpg

2. Then hit the Civic Centre memorial:
memorial1%20border%20small.jpg

memorial2%20border%20small.jpg

*bar the time spent wondering where the hell to go :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Then we hit The Garlic!
Made a conscious effort to process these differently from Hoodi's green efforts. Quite like them myself. Best of the day for me, anyway.

garlic3%20border%20small.jpg

garlic%20border%20small.jpg

garlic2%20border%20small.jpg

All taken with a 17-40mm L on my 350D
Comments and Crit very much welcome, cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice! :D
Those garlic shots are very ghostly & imposing. You were certainly down lower than me :)

Liking your chain shot - you were quite excited to see that, weren't you? I was more interested in my crisps tbh :eek:

Some interesting angles on the memorial centre too, touching more on the finer detail - or is that just because I had taken the best shooting spot and refused to move? :cool:

Question : Where's that dodgy shot of me through the leaves? Even if its just a link, I'd love to see one of them :D

Associate
Great shots! I like the civic centre memorial shots, great angle and lovely sky (wish you hadn't cut the top corner off the first one tho!). L o v e the garlics shots, especially the first one :eek: Very nice :D

Back
Top Bottom