1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2.1 Speakers - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by ja3h, 1 Jun 2006.

1. ja3h

Hitman

I've currently got : Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers

and i use my zalman 5.1 headphones for cs and mostly listen to music, so i'm only using 2.1 of the 5.1 system. I was wondering whether i should sell it (i know i wont get much) and get a better 2.1 system? What would you recommend?
    Preferabbly would like to spend less than £50.

2. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

tbh use the 50 to be a soundcard , the creative audigy 4 i have upscales songs so they play through all 5 speakers not just through the front 2, makes it sound great

sorry i cant be any help on speakers though

3. ja3h

Hitman

oh sorry, i've got a creative xfi extreme music :)

4. tom_nieto

Capodecina

If you listen to mostly music then yes, sell it. However I can't help feeling that £50 would be more of a sideways step in terms of sound quality. I'd say the minimum that you should be looking at are the Aego M's otherwise it won't really be worth your while.

5. AWPC

Sgarrista

These Altec Lansing are terrific but a little more than £50. You can however use them for more than music playback as DVDs also sound great on them. OCUK also do the same item in black but white seems to look cooler. Regardless of which colour you also get wall mounting brackets for the 2 speakers, the sub is a real meaty beast and throws out some serious bass in games & DVDs :eek:

Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 Speaker System White (SP-012-AL)
    The MX5021 is a THX certified 2.1 3-piece speaker system that produces 90Watts RMS. Featuring a polished, piano quality white finish, the MX5021 delivers big time in a powered audio system that not only sounds great but looks terrific in your home or office. Two mid-range drivers in each satellite produce extremely responsive sound, while the hornloaded tweeter offers extra wide dispersion of those crystal clear highs. Not to be outdone, the woofer pumps out deep lows you''ll feel in your bones. Add in THX certification for cinema-quality sound, and you''ve got an excellent alternative to a highend audio system.

- Total Continuous Power: 90Watts RMS
    - System Response: 30Hz to 22kHz
    - Drivers per satellite: One 1inch horn loaded tweeter, two 3inch full range Drivers
    - Subwoofer Driver: One 6.5inch long throw woofer
    - Spring clip speaker wire connectors
    - Wireless remote & control pod for power, master volume, treble and bass
    - Headphone and auxiliary input jack on control pod
    - Audio input jack on subwoofer
    Full Specification
    Price: £84.95 (£99.82 Including VAT at 17.5%)

6. ja3h

Hitman

Hm...£100 is a bit much for me atm, i don't think i can sell my current speakers for v.much. Any other alternatives?

thanks

7. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

8. OV3RCLOCK3R

PermaBanned

9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

oh....

well, they are not worst, just identical without the other 3 speakers.... which he can do probably by unplugging 3 of the speakers.

10. ja3h

Hitman

lol yeah thats what i have, and thats what i did! :p

Any other recommendations? *cheaper ones :D

i like the look of the logitech z-4's and was thinking of getting the £140 logitech z5400's if im spending over £100 on 2.1's.

11. fish99

Soldato

If you've got £50 to spend and you can sell the X-530 for £20-25, you're not far off being able to get the AE Aego M. Logitech Z3 should be better than the X-530 for about £40-50.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2006
  12. ja3h

Hitman

good point mate, yeah i think i might get the aegos :)

*reads up on reviews

13. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

14. ja3h

Hitman

ok i bought some cheapo logitech z3's hopefully i will notice a difference, if not then they'll be on the for sale forums! ><