New 4k Gaming Rig Build Log (No newbie, but need help)

Associate
OP
Getting there @Sparx

First key was a dud unfortunately, I was miss-sold a key to upgrade to Pro from Home. Cheeky French bugger. Just going through the noddy Windows steps now.

FLvkh61.jpg

Soldato
Those French swines... Make sure do a claim for the ££ back

Just make sure whatever key you get matches the Windows edition your installing now (Home or Pro)

Associate
I think I read somewhere that you can install Windows 10 and it will prompt you for the key for a while if you don't enter it on install

Man of Honour
Proceed to unscrew the actual cooler, with the liquid leaking out as I got halfway through doing that. (this was nowhere near the PC build at all!)

Obviously screwed the cooler back, on. The liquid seems to be an alcohol equivalent by the way (Stings), but now I'm concerned if I've lost too much of it for it to be effective?

We're talking 3-5 drops or less.

Under no circumstances should an AIO leak in any situation, it's a factory sealed unit.

I would not be using it tbh.

EDIT - re-read, so you took it apart and it leaked

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Was too buys enjoying the rig to post the finished snap...

ZxTyywc.jpg

Appreciate all the help. (Just cable management for the rig, and desk to go!

Especially from yourself @Sparx

Associate
OP
So chaps with the very close release of the Nvidia 3000 series cards, whilst considering I've been saving up for a new GPU since I bought my 1070 wayyy back when.

Is it entirely stupid to buy x2 3090 to link them...

Or should one be more than adequate to hit 144 frames at Ultra settings on 4k res?

Its guesswork but if it can handle 8k at 60 on high, I feel like there is a close chance?

Thanks,

Soldato
I'd just go for a 3080 personally mate lol - but if you have the money burning a hole in your pocket, get a single 3090 then... :p

SLI doesn't scale well at all, I doubt the 3090 will be any better still. You get nowhere near twice the performance :o

Soldato
So chaps with the very close release of the Nvidia 3000 series cards, whilst considering I've been saving up for a new GPU since I bought my 1070 wayyy back when.

Or should one be more than adequate to hit 144 frames at Ultra settings on 4k res?

Its guesswork but if it can handle 8k at 60 on high, I feel like there is a close chance?

Thanks,

single.... dont think with some cards you can fit two 3090 in !!!!

Associate
OP
@Lovejoy! Yeah the price tags does sting! Been waiting for a few years so been able to stockpile the cash!

@Sparx Yeah I was afraid of that through dubious google searching. Not seen any formal on SLIs capabilities

@orbitalwalsh haha, yeah been eyeing up my mobo, and would 100% have to lose my wifi slot, in exchange for ethernet to fit the chunky boys in!

Associate

Thanks,

Isn't SLI officially dead with the 30-series cards? It's a lot of money to spend on 2 cards to then find you can only use 1. I would suggest buying just the one, seeing if it gives you the performance you need, and simultaneously researching whether SLI is an option that's going to give you performance worth the additional £££.

Associate
OP
Hi guys,

I've had a few months with my 3090 Strix OC card now.

I mainly play World of Warcraft around 200+ frames on Ultra.

Or warzone around 100 or less on avg.

This is all at 4k res.

I just feel like I should be getting more on Wz.

Any tips to boost the card, or indeed hardware upgrades?

My monitor is capped at 144hz anyway, but would like to get WZ to that on avg atleast!

Thanks,

Associate
awesome ! id say 3080 for games and 3090 for productivity cos i dont think theres much difference for games alone but 3090 availability was better due to price etc I think so either or if you can afford it !

whats the lighting behind the screen thats up the wall? Or is that coming from the case ?

Back
Top Bottom