New A/V receiver needed.

Associate
Good afternoon people.

I've had my LG 65 B7 dropped off yesterday and got it all set up to find my current A/V receiver doesn't support 4K at 60hz or HDR with my PS4 Pro or Apple TV.

I had a look around and found this one....

https://www.richersounds.com/promotions/blackfriday-avseparates/yamaha-rxv483-black.html

Can anyone see me having any problems in picking this one up.... I've picked up an Xbox One X up too and i will be using that a lot as well.

Also my current speaker set up is 5.1 so no extra speaks available for Atmos.

Thank you people.

Soldato
After ordering my 55" LG B7 I was in the same position & needed a new amp. Ended up deciding on the Denon 2400H. A little more expensive but superbly built & worth the money IMO.

TJM

TJM

Associate
The Sony STRDN1080 is £450 at Richer Sounds at the moment. It replaced my Denon 2113 when I bought a B7 and I'm very impressed (save for the UI - it is slow but you'll never use it once you've got the settings sorted).

Soldato
I had a look around and found this one....

https://www.richersounds.com/promotions/blackfriday-avseparates/yamaha-rxv483-black.html

Can anyone see me having any problems in picking this one up.... I've picked up an Xbox One X up too and i will be using that a lot as well.
That one only got four HDMI inputs is that going be enough for you ?

I myself need these plugged into my AV amp but i no have enough inputs :(

1) SkyHD box

2) Nintendo Switch

3) Blu-player (I got rid of this now, but I may replace with a 4K one)

4) Xbox one x

5) Amazon fireTV

6) PS4

7) PS3

8) HTPC

9) Gaming PC

Last edited:
Soldato
That Denon does look excellent. Looks like enough HDMI inputs, as well as the second HDMI output (if you ever think to get a projector in the future). If I was going to be upgrading my receiver, 2 HDMI out's would be a top priority. Plus having Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support, means there will be at least some element of expand-ability with it. Plus FLAC support wins me over.

That said, the Sony also seems to do all that too.

Soldato
That Denon does look excellent. Looks like enough HDMI inputs, as well as the second HDMI output (if you ever think to get a projector in the future). If I was going to be upgrading my receiver, 2 HDMI out's would be a top priority. Plus having Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support, means there will be at least some element of expand-ability with it. Plus FLAC support wins me over.

That said, the Sony also seems to do all that too.
Having a second HDMI output can also be handy if your main PC is in the same room and the PC monitor has a second HDMI input ...

Associate
Ah FFS :mad: Completely forgot to budget an AV box into my purchases. Mine doesnt support 4k. Any way around this? Shield into TV via HDMI, then optical out into my receiver?

Soldato
Ah FFS :mad: Completely forgot to budget an AV box into my purchases. Mine doesnt support 4k. Any way around this? Shield into TV via HDMI, then optical out into my receiver?

Yarp. That's similar how I used to do my Sky for 5.1 with the old HD box not supporting multi-channel over HDMI.

You can just put your inputs straight to the TV, and optical out of the TV into the amp, bypassing the amp's video signal entirely. Just remember to set the amp up to take the optical channel for your source.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replies.

Just as an update I actually went for the Denon AVRX2400 - https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2400-blk.html

Just for the fact it has all the inputs and should be future proof for the next few years. They kept saying the Yamaha's are better but I didn't want to spend anymore money than I already have.

I set it up late last night and not got round to messing about with it too much but so far so good. It sounds great and I can hear things my Yamaha just didn't output.

I did panic a bit though as my Xbox and PS4 kept telling me that I can't game in 4k HDR @ 60HZ but you need to switch the receiver to allow enhanced output and all was good.

Associate
I bought an Onkyo NR676 from Richers on Friday for £500 as i'm in same situation, my current AVR isnt 4K/HDR compiant. Very happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom