New Apple Hardware - Today?

Associate
The Mighty Mouse wasn't the start of their crimes against the human hand.

Remember the iMac mouse? Look at the state of it.

imacmouse360.jpg

Looks very cheap and hideous :(

Soldato
I've just got mine, it's really good. A bit too flat though to be honest, not as ergonomic and the wireless mighty mouse, but as for performance, spot on.

Kinda miss the squeeze button for expose, but with a software update I'm sure there'll be more use for two finger swipes. :)

Picked mine up today, and it's going to take some getting used to. The different tracking speed and the whole thing clicking feel a bit odd. I'll be spending all day with it on Monday though, so I suspect by then I'll be fine with it. I needed a new mouse anyway !

Associate
I got used to it really quickly, and I found that I am lifting my left finger automatically when I need right click. I do like this mouse a lot, and I really like the momentum when scrolling down pages. But I guess i've always been able to adapt quickly to new things.

Associate
I love the smell of fresh apple in the morning...

photo.jpg

photo%202.jpg

photo%203.jpg

photo%204.jpg

photo%205.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish pictures. The iPhone camera doesn't like the dark.

Associate
Dell is 2007WFP.

The iMac literally dwarfs is in size and brightness. The dell doesn't even look like it's on compared to the iMac. Not sure if I will keep dual screening to be honest. Horrible 'resolution density explosion' when moving a program from one screen to the other.

Soldato
Did see a guy walking down Oxford street yesterday with one of these in a box (27"). Halarious. You could tell his arms were about to fall off, but he hadn't a care in the world :D

Associate
I like the look of the 27, a few (probably silly questions):

1) Can this dual boot (I would be interested in trying out Win. 7)
2) Can you upgrade anything (HD/RAM/GFX Card).
3) Does the keybaord still have the @ in the wrong/right place - not where the 2 is.)

The WFP2007 is great monitor, how does the 27 compare?

Thanks.

Associate
Tried a magic mouse in store yesterday, I have tiny girl hand and yet when I put my hand on it the majority was resting on the table it's that small. Gestures weren't that easy to use or comfortable.

Am I the only one that struggles to use gestures on the mouse? I prefer gestures on the Macbooks trackpad, something about the surface you're trying to gesture on moving makes it difficult.

Only good thing is the momentum scrolling, I did enjoy that from the iPhone.

Associate
I'm slowly changing the way I hold my mouse. I like the new way. Some wont. Currently missing the ability to define the following: double finger clicking (right click) and triple finger clicking (middle click).

Ram upgrade pops out of the bottom, underneath the apple logo. Hard drive you have to take the screen off. I'd be tempted to take it to an apple store with a drive I have already bought. If you're looking to upgrade the graphics, the price difference makes it worth going for the i5 model. I won't be playing games really, so the price wasn't worth it for me.

If you like the 2007wfp screen you'll absolutely bum this screen. It is something else. Bright, clear, sharp. Transferring a window from one to the other is a joke. The physical screen space it takes up, due to the lower DPI becomes quite annoying.

photo%206.jpg

photo%208.jpg

Really need to move it out of the bay window....

Soldato
Tried a magic mouse in store yesterday, I have tiny girl hand and yet when I put my hand on it the majority was resting on the table it's that small. Gestures weren't that easy to use or comfortable.

Am I the only one that struggles to use gestures on the mouse? I prefer gestures on the Macbooks trackpad, something about the surface you're trying to gesture on moving makes it difficult.

Only good thing is the momentum scrolling, I did enjoy that from the iPhone.

Interestng. That's how I've always held my mice. Then I just move my wrist and not my whole arm.

Perhaps I've been dong it wrong all this time !

Soldato
Thanks for the helpful answers chaps! I do a lot of photo editing with Lightroom/encoding and some gaming. This new 27 looks great.

If you're photo editing, your screen should be calibrated anyway, in which case they should all look nion identical barring the usual panel specific attributes. You may have a slight greivance with dual monitors if one is glossy and the other matte though.

Back
Top Bottom