• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

new ATI 5770, now I'm not HDCP compatible

Associate
I hope someone out there can help, I've been using TMT3 for blu ray playback for some time (and powerdvd before that) with no problems via my 4870.

I have just upgraded to a 5770 though, and when I got it I thought it was strange that there was no DVI=>HDMI dongle. But then I realised that there is an HDMI socket instead, so no probs.

BUT, I tried to play a blu ray for the first time yesterday, and I get an error message that my system is not HDCP compatible. Any ideas?

Associate
OP
I just have the one display plugged in, into the HDMI socket.

I would try the dongle, but unfortunately I've sold my old card with dongle, so I could have to go and buy another.

thanks for help

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the advice guys, I used the arcsoft HDCP checker, an found it was the HDMI cable which wasn't up to scratch.

One quick swap, and hey presto, blu ray time :)

Back
Top Bottom