New Bike - Internet or Walk In

Soldato
Might have to put the front wheel on instead. Pedals, DMR V8s are workhorses and are £20~, or SPDs will run you about £40 plus £50-60 for a decent shoe.

Id get some DMRs or similar, go through this summer, and decide where you want to go from there. SPDs make trails so much easier with the extra power and permanent base, I love mine :D

Soldato
Mine took a weak, but I got a Kinesis Maxlight xc pro frame from them. As said earlier, all you have to do is straighten the bars and add pedals which for you will be £15 maximum. Decent disks are about £200 so on a cheaper bike it is definitely not work it. Good V brakes are much better than cheap disks

Soldato
OP
ill go for the bike, pedals first.. then lights a bit later. I could even get a bit off the bike.. if pearsoncycles can order it in. :)

edit: link to pedals?

Soldato
OP
Want to add me to MSN? So that we dont keep the forum going on about the colour of pedals etc and also so i can ask you some questions nearer the time :). adam.frater[at]gmail[dot]com

Soldato
bcjames said:
After that handle the servicing yourself. Things break on trails, in the middle of nowhere. Its good to know how to repair or fix bits. The Sheldon Brown site will teach you everything you EVER need to know!

http://sheldonbrown.com/

sorry for the thread hijack but there are enough bike threads already.... :p

i've just been looking at that site but i need a recommendation for what lubricant i need to oil my chain with. :)

Back
Top Bottom